Simplex With Detech The Arrow Coil Playground Hunt

• 6 months later...

On 5/16/2022 at 12:16 PM, nickelNdimed said:

Thank you. Yes, since not available for the Equinox or Vanquish, it will probably stay permanently on my Simplex and gave me a reason to keep it for exactly this type of hunting!  I’ll be hitting up some more playgrounds when ground is too hard. I also can’t wait to try it on the beach towel line sometime and sand scoop. 

Really good hunting with a very reasonably priced outfit. I am curious about the the trash you dig with it, could you have avoided the iron if you wanted to? 

I see also that you can go surprisingly close to the metal playground equipment and still find coins. That is almost amazing in a coil that large!

That Simplex/Arrow combination looks like a winner. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

On 12/31/2022 at 4:37 PM, Geezer said:

Really good hunting with a very reasonably priced outfit. I am curious about the the trash you dig with it, could you have avoided the iron if you wanted to? 

I see also that you can go surprisingly close to the metal playground equipment and still find coins. That is almost amazing in a coil that large!

That Simplex/Arrow combination looks like a winner. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

I have the iron on so it will give a grunt. I could have avoided those but figured I’d dig it all since mulch and so shallow.  The ID is also fairly accurate for shallow finds. 

• Like 1

Great job with your video presentations.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nickelNdimed said:

I have the iron on so it will give a grunt. I could have avoided those but figured I’d dig it all since mulch and so shallow.  The ID is also fairly accurate for shallow finds. 

Thanks so much for putting your experience out there for us to learn from.

• 1 month later...

I just received my simplex arrow coil from Bulgaria. It took about 16 days.  Coil weighs in at 28.6 oz. 

Now I have to wait another 4-6 weeks for spring .  😞   The last sweeper coil I had was on a Tesoro about 10 years ago. 

Looking forward to sweeping up the fresher drops. 

• Like 2