A Great Hunt Today With A Guest

28 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

You are great story teller with great photos.

What a nice thing to write! Thanks, man. 🙂 Coming from you that's cool, you are a part of my successes in the field. 👍

Recently I read a comment on here deriding people like me that "use the forum as a diary". I hope Steve doesn't mind my doing it, I try to make it interesting. About the only thing I can't put to words here is the smell of the dirt. 🤣 Maybe that's a good thing 🙄

Long past my family has some prominent writers, both fiction and history. Maybe I inherited it. 🤔 I appreciate the support. 🙂

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Congrats on all the neat finds and especially that barber quarter!   I’ve been on a silver drought as of late, glad to see others finding some silver!

Heh you're not the only one! We both got one yesterday. This farm should have more. 👍

• Like 1

Funny how silver coins have a way of showing up, but often only for the persistent.  Like you, I got a Barber quarter (last year) before my first Standing Liberty quarter.  (I'm also still awaiting the latter.)

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Recently I read a comment on here deriding people like me that "use the forum as a diary". I hope Steve doesn't mind my doing it, I try to make it interesting.

I don't remember that comment, but maybe I just ignored it.  Steve puts up with worse (e.g. non-detecting related stuff).  I think he periodically deletes irrelevant or unimportant posts.  Lots of people want to 'share' in the joy of others' finds.  Keep it up.  I'm always surprised reading the complaints that come from people who aren't required to read posts but choose to do so anyway and then look for someone to blame for their disappointments.  Lack of accountability for one's own decisions is apparently a problem here, too....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kac said:

Good run there, that buckle go to a chasity belt?

Ok, this is weird. Found this:

https://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d-1221159/unusual-antique-iron-straight-jacket-padlock--key-vintage-buckle-lock-restraint.html

Here is the comparison:20220515_191314.thumb.jpg.bc93547cc5f28500c00aaaea1ce29e92.jpg380512860811.jpg.1295e72f219d046b6ea9048fe76091fa.jpg

Mine is brass, with rusty mechanism.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Oh my! 2

@rvpopeye started the thread "Brothers in Junk". Maybe we need a "Why the heck did I find this here?" thread... 🤪 Yikes. Nah... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A Straight Jacket buckle ?  Isn't THAT an interesting find !

Bet nobody has a collection !😉

"well I'm allright now , I learned my lesson well, you can't please everyone , so you better please yourself"   Old  Ricky Nelson song , but it applies to your posts now....Garden Party IIRC if you want to hear it.

• Haha 3

So know we know at least two good reasons why locksmithing began!  👍👍

• Haha 5

Well, great finds again! That buckle is something you don't see every day, and congrats on the Barber, well done!

• Thanks 1