A Great Hunt Today With A Guest

11 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Ok, this is weird. Found this:

Just how well do you know the property owners?

I wonder why they gave you permission to hunt their land, maybe to see if any evidence will ever be uncovered?

Watch your back out there, you never know who used that jacket.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I wonder why they gave you permission to hunt their land, maybe to see if any evidence will ever be uncovered?

Well they didn't tell me not to go into the paddock, so there's that... 🤔

• Haha 3

Weird finds like that always leave you to thinking. I remember the first time I found a 45 cal bullet in one of  the parks I hunt...I thought maybe I found the missing link of a crime scene...should I turn it in to the police? Now years past  I cant remember how many bullets I've found in parks and school grounds around where I live...they just go in the garbage can...but that straight jacket buckle I would keep. 🙂 

strick 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, strick said:

.but that straight jacket buckle I would keep. 🙂 

Yeah that's officially my strangest find now. 😀 Might fit a Riker case but may end up in the "stuff too big for display" box I'm starting. 

Lots of bullets here, lots of people have backyard ranges, and lots of hunters. They're not allowed to use high powered rifles for hunting large game, but varmints are ok. I find them everywhere. I was thinking of offering my services to my buddy who runs the sheriff's department but thought better of it for the sheer volume of lead. 🤔

He also has a bunch of family farms. Got that in the back pocket... 👍

• Like 4

14 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I was thinking of offering my services to my buddy who runs the sheriff's department but thought better of it for the sheer volume of lead. 🤔

I did some work for the sheriffs department a number of years ago and it was the worst. Since I was searching for larger items, the amount of junk I dug up was nuts! Did find one item of evidence, but the whole experience was unfulfilling. Thankfully I lived in a low-crime county, and the need for my skills didn’t happen again before I moved. Nowadays I keep my mouth shut when I learn there’s a potential metal object law enforcement is searching for.

• Like 3