Minelab Fan Says Shame, Shame, Shame

SDC trouble with battery compartment. ( never fixed )

7000 paper thin coil cover and later a program update. Did you get a new coil cover ???

MX Sport New Program right away. ( they will get my MXS today )

Just maybe the quality control is not under control as it should be.

Right now all I know I want my MXS back. I know out there is a treasure just waiting for me to find it. Me and Mel say the same each day THE DAY IS THE DAY. Well that's not so true anymore. It's more like it's cold maybe tomorrow.haha

Chuck  

Buy these with the larger diameter positive terminal, and the problem is solved.

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Premium-Capacity-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B004057DP6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1459788052&sr=1-1&keywords=Tenergy+Premium+C

And you can roll a single wrap of electrical tape around your supplied batteries to keep them from bouncing around

I agree we shouldn't have to do that.

While on the subject of what things that needed some fixing, and it appears someone has addressed the need:  on the SDC 2300, just behind the search coil, the articulating hinge: now better known as the Minelab SDC Knuckle Skid Plate.  Happy to see that someone has come up with a nicely done fix at a reasonable price.   Look around in the for sale department.  I haven't used my SDC 2300 long enough to realize there was a need there, but apparently there is!

Gary / Largo

• Like 2

13 hours ago, klunker said:

Gldbrk. The simple solution to your problem would be to purchase a 7000. That would make your troubles with the 2300 seem insignificant.

Klunker, thank you for the succinct solution to my problem.

I have heard through the grapevine there is a small epidemic of GPZ failures in the western mountain country of the USA. Could you please tell the good folks here at Detector Prospector Forum a little about your troubles up in the holler? 

and............i bet the headphone curly cord is still too short ? Users shouldn't have to collapse the shaft to retrieve a target and no i don't believe people should have to stretch the crap out of the cord to prevent the headphones being pulled off your head, it should be right straight out of the box, an extra foot of cord over a production run of headphones would amount to stuff all given the price of the detector.

• Like 1

As per Gldbrks' request.

A brief list of the $10,000.00 GPX7000 shameful short comings. Nearly all of these could have been corrected for pennies.

!. having to print the instruction manual on my time at my expense and not having a durable field copy.

2. soft plastic screen  requires protection at user expense.

3.chinsey, short lived coil cover.

4. coil cover is very noisy and distracting when scraping the ground.

5.silly delicate plastic foot. Dumb design.

6. head phone jack location and design.

7. numerous screen failures.

8. very poor cordless audio quality.

9. cordless modual has a nearly useless clip.

10. lower shaft is the most delicate of any detector I have ever used.

11. detector housing is delicate and must be protected- at your expense.

12. arm strap is too short.

13. overall design makes for clumsy portability.

14. Head phones supplied with detector have too short of cord.