Jump to content

I Don't Have A Degree In Marketing, But.....


Recommended Posts

Minelab under utilizes it's website and YouTube.  They have a Youtube channel that is not overly utilized, and the Minelab website is not what I would call current. The website even still has the Etrac as a current detector being made. When was the last time you saw a new Etrac for sale? It's actually been awhile since there has been anything posted in the Treasure Talk portion. Practically zip for the Minelab News section. Both the YouTube and the website are the perfect place to stay in touch with customers. Why not at least give a heads up like "Coming this fall", "Coming in 2023." "New flagship detector on the horizon" Two brand new releases from other companies and people might hold off if they knew there was something for sure forthcoming. I could go on, but won't. Okay rant over.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites


They have other products I believe?  Maybe not focused on hobby detectors at the moment? Short staffed in that department?  Maybe nothing is coming soon?

From what I have seen they don’t seem to engage too much with the customers, at least not in US. They do seem to have presence at detector events.  Also, others like Nokta Makro  seem to be the other extreme of engagement and maybe gives folks different expectations that there should be some social media face to Minelab?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe they got a few detect-spurts to compete with the Nokta Nomads and Garrett whatsyoumahcallthems that other companies are using.  I don't really hear much from these spurts though, The old treasuretalks used to be good but I guess they were more designed for those with a technical interest, it's all about hyping things up these days with over excited people doing artificial videos and maybe Minelab can't be bothered with that. 

Marketing has never been their strong point from what I've seen, although they don't need to do much marketing, we the users do it for them, and there is no better marketing than word of mouth.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 9:22 PM, phrunt said:

Marketing has never been their strong point from what I've seen, although they don't need to do much marketing, we the users do it for them, and there is no better marketing than word of mouth.

Yup. Nobody will ever go very wrong telling a new person "just get a Minelab" no matter what it is they need. Other companies have a few good machines to consider, but nobody matches the Minelab lineup across the board for top performance in nearly every category.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yup. Nobody will ever go very wrong telling a new person "just get a Minelab" no matter what it is they need. Other companies have a few good machines to consider, but nobody matches the Minelab lineup across the board for top performance in nearly every category.

Yep when people ask me who makes the best detectors the answer is simple. Like it or not....Minelab 

strick 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Either a weird coincidence or they are monitoring forums because they have deleted the Etrac and updated the News section just since I posted about them not updating the websiite.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2022 at 4:28 PM, longbow62 said:

Either a weird coincidence or they are monitoring forums because they have deleted the Etrac and updated the News section just since I posted about them not updating the websiite.

Guess that makes you an "influencer" now. :laugh:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...