Some Deus 2 Tid Data

ColonelDan

Thanks ColonelDan! 👍 That's a lot of air testing. 🙂 Good rainy/bad weather day work. Where I am the soil is mild so these numbers should be pretty close.

Yesterday I dug a corroded fat IHP that was a 71 in the ground. About the same as all the tin can slaw I also dug thinking it was an IHP. 🤬

17 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Thanks. Got a week long beach trip planned, so I'll get a chance to corroborate your results, Dan.

BTW $1 gold rang up 55 in the "wild" in Deep HC mode, so you can add that to list if you want.  😉

Thanks Chase.  I used my custom beach program that I use most often on our beaches.

I'll add the $1 gold coin to the list!  👍

3 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

I'm still in the process of trying to determine an acceptable cut off tone break between low and mid level conductors on the Deus II scale....admittedly, a search that may be in vain.

Surprised to see a gold coin at 85, and a large 10k ring at 90. :huh:

5 minutes ago, midalake said:

Surprised to see a gold coin at 85, and a large 10k ring at 90. :huh:

Rings are screwy.  I've seen gold rings run a wide range on any TID scale.  I've seen two 10K rings of similar size ring up somewhat differently.  I'm convinced that much depends on the composition and what that gold is mixed with.  If mixed with a high conductor, a TID of 90 isn't surprising...at least that's been my experience. 

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelDan said:

Rings are screwy.  I've seen gold rings run a wide range on any TID scale.  I've seen two 10K rings of similar size ring up somewhat differently.  I'm convinced that much depends on the composition and what that gold is mixed with.  If mixed with a high conductor, a TID of 90 isn't surprising...at least that's been my experience. 

I have looked at lots of TID charts over the years. The handful out now for the Deus2 clearly shows this detector throws gold all over the map. I am definitely surprised by this outcome. 

• Like 2

Great job on the categorization, that’s A LOT of work!

Yes, I noticed the gold ring numbers a couple weeks ago when I tested my jewelry. I’m actually disappointed w these numbers especially w the ones in the 80s & 90s. I don’t understand why silver dollars are at 99, usually items that high are in the iron wrap around.

There’s very little differentiation between medium to large silver coins, not good….

Im no engineer, however I do know it’s not a good idea to be intermingling gold targets w silver. Hopefully this will be addressed in a future update…..

Aaron

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Great job on the categorization, that’s A LOT of work!

Yes, I noticed the gold ring numbers a couple weeks ago when I tested my jewelry. I’m actually disappointed w these numbers especially w the ones in the 80s & 90s. I don’t understand why silver dollars are at 99, usually items that high are in the iron wrap around.

There’s very little differentiation between medium to large silver coins, not good….

Im no engineer, however I do know it’s not a good idea to be intermingling gold targets w silver. Hopefully this will be addressed in a future update…..

Aaron

Thank you….a labor of love as the saying goes.  

If you scroll through the programs, TIDs will change somewhat when sweeping over the same target.  It must be caused by the varying frequency weightings….just a guess on my part though

Thank you ColonelDan! I'm also struggling to find some reference points for gold so I can hopefully move beyond the "dig everything" phase of learning the D2, or at least learn better probabilty points of reference to be able to do a little cherry picking on occassion.