Some Deus 2 Tid Data

ColonelDan

On 5/18/2022 at 5:51 AM, ColonelDan said:

I tested some of the more common targets we might find at the beach and on land just as a "ballpark" reference in my on-going effort to transition from Minelab to XP.ย 

These results are from my custom Beach program that I use most often on our beaches.

Be advised, the target TID's listed were derived from air tests. TIDs from targets found in sand or soil can be expected to vary somewhat.ย  Your results conducted under similar conditions may also vary to some degree.

Recognizing that metallurgical composition of the many targets we find varies considerably,ย  I'm still in the process of trying to determine an acceptable cut off tone break between low and mid level conductors on the Deus II scale....admittedly, a search that may be in vain.ย  ๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

573318663_DesuIIData.jpg.525d2efe8292053ec32986639c5e97d1.jpg

Deus II Test Data.xls 10.5 kBย ยทย 9 downloads

Thanks for the nice ID chart!

ย 

On 5/18/2022 at 5:51 AM, ColonelDan said:

I tested some of the more common targets we might find at the beach and on land just as a "ballpark" reference in my on-going effort to transition from Minelab to XP.ย 

These results are from my custom Beach program that I use most often on our beaches.

Be advised, the target TID's listed were derived from air tests. TIDs from targets found in sand or soil can be expected to vary somewhat.ย  Your results conducted under similar conditions may also vary to some degree.

Recognizing that metallurgical composition of the many targets we find varies considerably,ย  I'm still in the process of trying to determine an acceptable cut off tone break between low and mid level conductors on the Deus II scale....admittedly, a search that may be in vain.ย  ๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

573318663_DesuIIData.jpg.525d2efe8292053ec32986639c5e97d1.jpg

Deus II Test Data.xls 10.5 kBย ยทย 9 downloads

ย 

On 5/18/2022 at 3:41 PM, JoeInMemphis said:

I get a different number depending which program I use, and I'd be curious to know if it's a type 1 a type 2 or a type 3 gold coin that Chase gave us the numbers for (I get a different number between the small gold dollar and the large gold dollar). I have been playing around doing the same thing trying to learn my new machine.

20220518_143756~2.jpg

Thanks Dan and Joe for the excellent charts!!!

๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ––๐Ÿ‘ŒโœŒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค™๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mudwhale said:

It could be the year the Half was minted. My 1958 Benjamin is 90% and my 1967 Kennedy is 40%.

The 40% silver half dollars from 1965-70 are clad with an inner layer of pure copper and two outer face layers that are in fact the same composition (90% silver, 10% copper) as the pre-1965 dimes, quarters, and halves.ย  My expectation is that they should have similar VDI's but someone should check.ย  I don't have a Deus 2 and I'm not sure I have a 40% silver half handy, either.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

The 40% silver half dollars from 1965-70 are clad with an inner layer of pure copper and two outer face layers that are in fact the same composition (90% silver, 10% copper) as the pre-1965 dimes, quarters, and halves.ย  My expectation is that they should have similar VDI's but someone should check.ย  I don't have a Deus 2 and I'm not sure I have a 40% silver half handy, either.

I have samples of all and will report on the TIDsโ€ฆ. More to follow.

• Like 1

Half Dollar TID Test Report.ย  Tests were conducted using factory Beach and factory Park

ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  Beachย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  Park

1836 Capped Bustย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99

1858 Seated Liberty ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99

1904 Barberย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99

1927 Walking Libertyย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99

1948 Franklinย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99

1964 Kennedyย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99

1969 Kennedy Proofย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  99

1972 Kennedyย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  98ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  98

1776-1976 Kennedyย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  98ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  98

ย 

These results may surprise some, particularly the consistency between the Beach and Park programs.ย  As I said before, I just report the results.

• Like 5

A more thorough/interesting and possibly more revealing test would be to sweep these same targets with each ย of the 12 factory programs and compare the TID.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 4:02 PM, mudwhale said:

It could be the year the Half was minted. My 1958 Benjamin is 90% and my 1967 Kennedy is 40%.

Iโ€™m assuming that since the large majority of silver halves are 90% silver, ย that is what he used in his test. ย 

• Like 1