Audio Response Question.

MFF18B

Quick question....I'm deaf in my left ear and some loss in my right ear due to the military.  I currently use an audio response of 6 for my coin programs, which amplifies the deeper signals for me.  My question is, does a setting of 6 have any negative effect on the machine?  The D2 is my first XP machine and and after about 25 hours, still a little confused on some of the settings but enjoying it.  Last night cherry picking,  I dug 3 nickels and a clad quarter at about 7 inches with the audio response at 6 which amplified the audio quite a bit for me.  I also reduced the Bottle cap reject to 0 and set the Silencer to 2 before the hunt.

Thanks  

If you are in an area with lots of EMI it will amplify the EMI. I've had places I've had to turn the Deus 2 down to audio response 2 (in conjunction with lowering the sensitivity) just to get it run stable.

• Like 2

If you are looking for depth, in my opinion audio response 6 is nice. Anyway with high audio response detector doesn't go deeper because it only amplifies audio and, talking about EMI, I agree with Abenson. Ok bottle cap off but try also with silencer on 0 because it helps going deeper. Try also with ground stabilizer lowered to 1 and remember to keep reactivity not too high, I would say 1.5/2.5.

• Like 1

I find the Deus II can run a higher audio response than the D1 without distorting the signal.

• Like 1