Anyone Know Where Largo (gary) Got To?

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The changing of the guard, as my generation fades from the scene……

You look way too young to say that Steve. 

• Like 1

Jim, you're a man that's helped so many gold prospectors, and I include myself heartily (very grateful for your help and advice over the years), and I'm so glad you're such a good man.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 2

As for Jim Hemmingway, I've got a buddy looking into it--he contacted me today and he's going to spend a few days looking into what he can find out.

All the best,

Lanny 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lanny said:

Jim, you're a man that's helped so many gold prospectors, and I include myself heartily (very grateful for your help and advice over the years), and I'm so glad you're such a good man.

All the best,

Lanny

You  are too kind Lanny. When I was in Alaska and first found mining forums, you were already there. I well remember reading about you finding gold just about everywhere you went. I have learned a lot from your posts and stories over those years. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Still no response from Jim Hemmingway, but my buddy will keep on trying. There was a deadly storm in his area that knocked out power and communications. So, If I get an update, I'll let you know.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/21/2022 at 12:22 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

The changing of the guard, as my generation fades from the scene……

Steve: 

Nah! You're still far too young to fade yet. Get back up to Alaska and find some decent colours-

Reg and I have been training a young, keen and gifted (anonymous) apprentice who will inherit all our knowledge. He has already produced astonishing results, some of them somewhat embarrassing (how TF did we miss that?? 🙂

I urge all the old pro's here to do the same. Don't let the knowledge fade with you!

There's now a proud detecting tradition to maintain-

• Like 8

What's all this rubbish I read about young Steve thinking he's getting old? Still wet behind the ears!

When I was a young bloke I used to be able to pee over a six foot fence. Now I have trouble avoiding my boots, but, I can still swing a coil. An all terrain mobility scooter to tow a coil might be on the drawing board for the future. It could be a project for Beatty and me. All we need then is some young buck to dig the signals.

Let's not hear any more of this getting old crap. Remember, you are only as old as what you're feeling. (think about it)

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

Let's not hear any more of this getting old crap. Remember, you are only as old as what you're feeling. (think about it)

Oh Oh, now I know I am in trouble.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2