XP Deus 2: Wet Soil Vs Dry Soil.

Ogliuga

Hi all. Have you ever noticed more depth on wet ground than on dry ground? During my last test, I have the 0.71 firmware, the little low conductor target couldn’t be detected in the bottom of a 8” hole so I tried again with a 6” one and was ok. 1 month ago, with the V07 firmware, D2 could detect that target in the bottom of a 8” hole. But couldn’t detect it in the bottom of the same 8” hole with 0.71. So, or there is this big difference between wet and dry soil or it’s a V.071 issue..2.5” is a lot..

• Like 1

I’ve found that wet sand is much more conductive than dry sand…same for soil ergo the greater depth as you’ve seen.

• Like 3

Thanks for your answer! Yes, I noticed more depth because of the more conductivity with wet ground also with other detectors. And we know the more conductivity of the wet soil because of the water in the soil. But this has been my first  “wet vs dry” soil test with D2 and the difference is really big. I’ll try to do a dry vs wet test with the same target because a 2.5” depth difference is really big. We’ll see..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

Hi all. Have you ever noticed more depth on wet ground than on dry ground? During my last test, I have the 0.71 firmware, the little low conductor target couldn’t be detected in the bottom of a 8” hole so I tried again with a 6” one and was ok. 1 month ago, with the V07 firmware, D2 could detect that target in the bottom of a 8” hole. But couldn’t detect it in the bottom of the same 8” hole with 0.71. So, or there is this big difference between wet and dry soil or it’s a V.071 issue..2.5” is a lot..

I believe Gary on his channel stated the General Program was best for wet soil.

• Like 1

Yes, you’re right! Anyway, as far as I could see, General program is nice and it’s performing on mineralized soils as well..I hope that this difference in depth is due to the dry soil. During next week I’ll come back on the hematite area: hope it will rain a lot otherwise I’ll have to bring a couple of bottles of water!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1