Equinox Vs Deus 2 Separation Test Or???????????

Tom Dankowski and Steve Herschach are excellent representatives from two worlds of detection .... Their very different types of field detection conditions ... for maximum effective detection .. require very different detector settings ... something about the correct setting of recovery speed ,, and also other detector settings ..

While Tom Dankowski ... in detection on his slightly mineralized terrains / 1-3 bar Fe3O4 / .. prefers equinox 800 recovery speed 3 ... for the best depth of detection ....
 Because Equinox in slightly mineralized terrain will really be the deepest recovery speed 3 for coin targets ....

But .... such a detector setting will not work optimally for Steve Herschbach .... which normally detects in very highly mineralized terrains .... / 5-7bar Fe3O4 / which requires a minimum recovery speed of approximately 5-7 for Equinox 800 .... according to the strength of the terrain mineralization .. to achieve a really good depth of detection and stability of signals and .... that means good results in detection ...

if in such a heavily mineralized terrain on the Equinox 800 date recovery speed at 3 you lose the depth and stability of detection .... simply lower recovery speed will not work here ,,,, and many targets you will simply pass ...

PS. in terms of depth and sensitivity of detectors to small targets in the depths ... ,, last weekend was held in the Czech Republic Minelab day ... which Minelab sellers made a demanding test field with deeply buried Celtic gold coins of various sizes ... at maximum depths. ..which was able to detect Equinox..../at recovery speed 3/ ...
I will say that it is extremely deep ../

1.target "1/24 gold stater" -0.3 gram gold coin at  14cm deep...

2.target ..1/8 stater-0.5gram  gold at 18cm,

3 target ..1/3stater 1.5gram gold  at 23cm deep,

4.target ..1 stater 5 gram gold at 30 cm,

5. target ..1 silver roman denarius at 25cm

6.target 1dukat -3.5gram gold coin  at 29cm ,

7.target   3. Kreuzer ..silver coin at 27 cm deep..

8 .target   28 mm - 3.5gram silver  Groshus Pragensis at 32 cm deep

9 . target 28mm -3.5gram silver coin  Groshus Pragensis at 37cm..

10. target .... 1 silver Thaller ..../size 1 Silver Dollar/ coin at 40 cm..

11. ..  WW2  militatry ID..... at  55cm deep....

... and 2 separacion targets  coin in to iron..

My colleagues.. Mike and Jack from "Top Diggin" .. made some videos ... from tests..and testing various Equinox, Deus II, Atrex, Deus I....and others detectors .... on this test field ... ,, and it will be interesting to see how effective the settings ... were effective in detecting these really ... demanding and deep targets ...

When I edit these videos with pictures and mark the depth of targets I will publish them ...you will see what recovery-reactivity settings must be used for different detectors, if you have reached such deep targets ...

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

PS. in terms of depth and sensitivity of detectors to small targets in the depths ... ,, last weekend was held in the Czech Republic Minelab day ... which Minelab sellers made a demanding test field with deeply buried Celtic gold coins of various sizes ... at maximum depths. ..which was able to detect Equinox..../at recovery speed 3/ ...
I will say that it is extremely deep ../ "1/24 gold stater" -0.3 gram gold coin t  14cm deph...and others deep 9 coin targets .. + 2 separacion targets  coin in to iron..

OK..., but you forgot to tell us what the Fe3O4 reading was for that ground!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

OK..., but you forgot to tell us what the Fe3O4 reading was for that ground!

According to * Mike,... the terrain was slightly / moderately mineralized ...this would agree as well as the deepest setting of Equinox 800 for recovery speed 3 / for moderately-moderately demanding ... terrain /..

I'll ask Mike what the mineralization meter showed for Deus I and Deus II.... and I know ..:wink:👍

• Like 2

GB_Amateur......

..I communicated with Mike .. and he said that the mineralization on Deus 2 reached one to two ... bars of mineralization on the meter ... on this test field .. which means slight mineralization of the terrain...

....now the official test of Equinox 800 from the seller of Minelab, the setting of Equinox in the test is program Park2, sensitivity 21, recovery speed 3, iron bias 0, threshold 13, and audio 2 tone ...

• Like 2

On 5/24/2022 at 3:42 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

A person should be comparing and adjusting for the best results on their ground and their targets, not using stuff found in posts. Find targets in your own ground, spend an hour adjusting recovery speed up and down to find what works best, go with that. Frankly, anyone who owns a detector has all they need to get real answers. Don't believe me or Tom or anyone else, simply find out what works best for your own particular needs.

There is more gold in that statement that has been said for a long time. Doing this will also let you know what works and does not work as well. Other people setting are only a starting point. I would add that you go back a yard\meter or so and detect at your normal speed and over lap and see how the signal responds as you go past it.

• Like 4

Geof_junk.... and Steve Herschbach.......... you are absolutely right .... the default settings of the recovery speed of other users ... they can only be a good design and they can or they don't have to sit down completely ... on your specific terrain ...👍

It's good to try them and compare them even better ... and maybe you'll find your settings somewhere in the middle ...

Set the right recovery speed ... It's like driving a car with a manual transmission ... and every terrain requires shifting to the right gear to successfully cross the terrain .... and feel like ... it will help in completely challenging terrain the most reduced setting of the "4x4" type / additional settings in the detector / so that you can handle this terrain ...

from my experience ... If I detect some not too large terrain on which I found nice finds ... most of the time I know to cross this terrain 2x .... on many different recovery speed settings .... I usually do the first detection at recovery speed 3-4 .... and then after crossing the place I will change the recovery speed to 6-7 and mark a few good signals from the field .....
important in all this is also adequate sweeping with coil../ I slowly pull the coil /.... not faster ... than is necessary for good separation of targets in iron .... but also will help in the mineralization of the terrain ... where high recovery speed will work better. ..

...because high recovery speed provides a separation advantage .... which is also very important ..and therefore the terrain often pays to switch to high recovery speed ... even if you have a mild terrain ...

.....if I detect in really strong mineralization ... I use recovery speed 5 and 7 .....

---------------------------------------------------

.... So now let's return to the topic .... what the reactivity setting will be the deepest in lightly mineralized terrain .... whether the recovery speed setting to 2-3 will be the deepest and optimal setting for many detectors ... / EQUINOX , DEUS2, DEUS1, ATREX / and from the second page we will see how such low reactivity of the signature on the detection of the last 2 separation targets ...

• Like 1

I agree everyone should find what works for them individually depending on the site they are hunting. Which is why I seldom use a recovery as low as 3.

Steve said, "Well, that's what recovery speed is basically" pertaining to the faster audio clipping as you raise the recovery speed. So does raising or lowering the recovery speed actually speed up and slow down the processing of targets or is it just  a set parameter that cuts the length of audio response? I hate to be a hard head, but I'd like to half way understand what's going on when you raise and lower the recovery speed. If you sweep the coil over targets at a set swing speed the detector only sees them for a brief instance no matter what the recovery speed is. I haven't taken a deep dive into searching for stuff about recovery speed, but nothing I have read said it was speeding up or slowing down the actual processing speed of each hit target. 

"Recovery speed" .. is a complex and optimized setting .. ,, which was created by a combination of two important detector settings:

The 1st setting is ... "Ground Filter" .... which is responsible for the filtering of the terrain signal ....
  Low" Ground Filter" is deeper..but even less filters the mineralization of the terrain ,, and slower regenerates after capturing the iron signal / separation / .... on the contrary high Ground Filter will better filter the mineralization of the terrain ,,, but will be shallower ... on the other side regenerates faster after capturing the iron signal .... / which improves the separation /

2nd setting - the "Length of work of the given Ground filter" is also called "Recovery delay" ... which determines how long this Ground filter should process the detected signal in one working cycle ...
   it is clear that the faster - faster Ground filter will have a Recovery delay a bit shorter than the low ground filter ... which works slower ...

Since it is difficult for an ordinary detector to set and properly combine these two parameters ... the detector manufacturers combine these two settings into one setting called "Recovery Speed" or "Reactivity" ... which is easier to set and more logical to use ...

And this has also contributed to the popularity of such detectors ...

• Like 2