Tid Test: 2 Half Dollars; 12 Factory Programs

ColonelDan

I decided to expand the test I posted on another thread in this forum.  The question was raised concerning the TID differences among the various programs.  For this test,  I used a silver walking liberty half dollar and a modern Kennedy half dollar separately scanned by each of the Deus 2's 12 factory programs.  I conducted a frequency scan prior to each program and EMI didn't seem to be a factor.  My purpose was to determine just how much of a TID variance there was among these programs on the same targets.

Program      Max Frequency     Silver Half     Modern Half

1. General:     40kHz                      98                   97

2. Sensitive    40kHz                     98                   97

3. Sens FT      40kHz                    98                   97

4. Fast             40kHz                   98                   97

5. Park             24kHz                   99                  98

6. Deep HC      14kHz                   99                 99

7. Mono            16.5kHz                97                 96

8. GoldField      40kHz                 98                 97

9. Relic             24kHz                 99                  98

10. Diving          14kHz                99                  99

11. Beach          24kHz               99                   99

12. Beach Sens 40kHz             99                    98

Note:  Although the results show a fairly consistent relationship between the TIDs throughout the 12 programs, the silver half TID was solid and pretty much unwavering.  The modern half however had a tendency to vary by a point or even up to 3 points as it settled in on the most common of the TID numbers reported here.

Again, these 12 were all stock factory programs; no adjustments were made to any of the internal settings.  I would hazard a guess that results from the adjusted settings within a custom program might generate somewhat different TID results. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

I decided to expand the test I posted on another thread in this forum.  The question was raised concerning the TID differences among the various programs.  For this test,  I used a silver walking liberty half dollar and a modern Kennedy half dollar separately scanned by each of the Deus 2's 12 factory programs.  I conducted a frequency scan prior to each program and EMI didn't seem to be a factor.  My purpose was to determine just how much of a TID variance there was among these programs on the same targets.

Program      Max Frequency     Silver Half     Modern Half

1. General:     40kHz                      98                   97

2. Sensitive    40kHz                     98                   97

3. Sens FT      40kHz                    98                   97

4. Fast             40kHz                   98                   97

5. Park             24kHz                   99                  98

6. Deep HC      14kHz                   99                 99

7. Mono            16.5kHz                97                 96

8. GoldField      40kHz                 98                 97

9. Relic             24kHz                 99                  98

10. Diving          14kHz                99                  99

11. Beach          24kHz               99                   99

12. Beach Sens 40kHz             99                    98

Note:  Although the results show a fairly consistent relationship between the TIDs throughout the 12 programs, the silver half TID was solid and pretty much unwavering.  The modern half however had a tendency to vary by a point or even up to 3 points as it settled in on the most common of the TID numbers reported here.

Again, these 12 were all stock factory programs; no adjustments were made to any of the internal settings.  I would hazard a guess that results from the adjusted settings within a custom program might generate somewhat different TID results. 

Thank you! Maybe you could replicate the test in the other thread between the Halves and a silver quarter?