XP Deus 2 Hunting In Pull Tab Infested Ground

Aaron

This is not a exciting video, however I am hunting in ground that has been POUNDED by myself over many years now. The Tarsacci and Etrac didn’t leave much behind in this area except in the mid conductor range. I still manage to find Buffalos here and once in a great while some gold. Notice the difference in audio between the various pieces of aluminum….

Aaron

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nice video. Lots of pull tabs. I'm looking forward to your relic hunt.

Have you taken it in the water yet? The water is still cold. Temps have been going up & down in Michigan.

I'm trying to talk myself into getting a Deus 2 but am waiting to see what Minelab, Garrett and maybe Fisher comes out with.

• Like 1

Yes, been out 2x’s. 2 weeks ago,(posted a video of that) and last week, didn’t find much. Waters warming up, people started swimming last week. There’s very little to find but hopefully that will change with the warm weather coming…

Thanks

Aaron

Your experience in the video matches mine pretty closely.  I've been going for the gold in parks near me the past month or two and have dug tons of pull tabs.  I get some that I describe as "solid square tabs" that ring up from 78-81.  They are larger than moden tabs and the rear is solid with no second hole.  I also get corroded zinc cents in this range.  I dig them since they sound really good and could be a solid gold ring with that high of an ID#.  

I also get modern pull tabs hit by lawn mowers that can read into the high 40's if cut or if squished into a smaller shape.  So, there are for me at least 30 TID numbers than can be a pull tab.  The only way to find out is to dig it up!  :biggrin:

• Like 2

Yep, agreed. One thing though, the intelligent audio of the D2 can at least help you weed through a lot of the irregular or mangled pieces of aluminum.  A nice round ring is always gonna sound nice. 
Aaron

• Like 2

On 5/21/2022 at 8:32 PM, Aaron said:

Yep, agreed. One thing though, the intelligent audio of the D2 can at least help you weed through a lot of the irregular or mangled pieces of aluminum.  A nice round ring is always gonna sound nice. 
Aaron

Bingo.  You nailed it Aaron.  The audio is and always has been the Deus secret sauce coupled with its iron performance.  D2 with FMF has brought some much needed enhancements to the UI, physical packaging/water tightness, stability in salt, more stable and accurate TID, and improved iron/bc filtering making it even more versatile. But it all comes back to the nuanced audio and the D2 even improved on that with the additional audio options associated with the equalizer and square audio.  If you can master the art of subconsciously integrating  the audio nuances coupled with the TID info and the ferrous/non-ferrous horseshoe graph, you can reduce your sole dependency on the TID numbers which can only reveal a fraction of the target information contained in the audio.  You'll still dig your share of aluminum, just to be sure, but the audio will flip your expectations from possible gold ring, to likely aluminum and the occasional pleasant gold surprise.

• Like 5

Thanks for doing these (painfully) honest videos, Aaron. 🙂 I'm getting used to concentrating more on the audio than the ID. I've noticed the more pure the target is, the less drop off (hook?) or "scratch" it will have over a pull tab or aluminum, and the loudness is a better gauge of depth than the horseshoe. Guess that's a given for the Deus 1 users, never had the pleasure. This helps a lot!

👍

6 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Bingo.  You nailed it Aaron.  The audio is and always has been the Deus secret sauce coupled with its iron performance.  D2 with FMF has brought some much needed enhancements to the UI, physical packaging/water tightness, stability in salt, more stable and accurate TID, and improved iron/bc filtering making it even more versatile. But it all comes back to the nuanced audio and the D2 even improved on that with the additional audio options associated with the equalizer and square audio.  If you can master the art of subconsciously integrating  the audio nuances coupled with the TID info and the ferrous/non-ferrous horseshoe graph, you can reduce your sole dependency on the TID numbers which can only reveal a fraction of the target information contained in the audio.  You'll still dig your share of aluminum, just to be sure, but the audio will flip your expectations from possible gold ring, to likely aluminum and the occasional pleasant gold surprise.

Yes Chase, in short audio is really most important aspect of discrimination, and it really is GREAT on the D2. However the ultimate discriminator is your shovel,,,so you just never know…

Aaron 

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks for doing these (painfully) honest videos, Aaron. 🙂 I'm getting used to concentrating more on the audio than the ID. I've noticed the more pure the target is, the less drop off (hook?) or "scratch" it will have over a pull tab or aluminum, and the loudness is a better gauge of depth than the horseshoe. Guess that's a given for the Deus 1 users, never had the pleasure. This helps a lot!

👍

Thanks!👍 I really think it’s really important for your first X amount of hours to dig a lot of junk. In turn, building confidence in your decision to dig or not too. As I said in the video, there’s definitely a lot of audio nuances in this D2 audio, it’s also in the Goldmaxx Power also, ( a 20yr old machine!). Those French REALLY know what their doing….

Aaron

• Like 1