XP Deus 2 And 9in. Coil ~100 Hours Of Use Impressions

Calmark

I remembered one thing about the Deus 2 I would suggest 9 inch coil users to try.  I mentioned it somewhere in another post on this site, but it bears repeating.

Remove your velcro arm strap and try swinging it without.  I don't remember in which video I first saw somebody using their Deus 2 without the strap, but once I got mine I didn't put the strap on it and haven't missed it.  In fact, I find it much more convenient and quick to use without the strap.  No more need to slide my arm out of the cuff and no more bunching up of my long sleeved shirts.  Time saved equals more targets dug in the long run.  :biggrin:

A very underrated way to use the Deus 2 and I highly recommend at least trying it.  Your experience may vary with a bigger and heavier 11 inch coil.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Calmark said:

I remembered one thing about the Deus 2 I would suggest 9 inch coil users to try.  I mentioned it somewhere in another post on this site, but it bears repeating.

Remove your velcro arm strap and try swinging it without.  I don't remember in which video I first saw somebody using their Deus 2 without the strap, but once I got mine I didn't put the strap on it and haven't missed it.  In fact, I find it much more convenient and quick to use without the strap.  No more need to slide my arm out of the cuff and no more bunching up of my long sleeved shirts.  Time saved equals more targets dug in the long run.  :biggrin:

A very underrated way to use the Deus 2 and I highly recommend at least trying it.  Your experience may vary with a bigger and heavier 11 inch coil.  

I have never installed the strap on any of my detectors. I have never needed them.

Great post. 👍

• Like 4

On 5/25/2022 at 2:35 PM, Calmark said:

I  like the strap it’s easier to pick up the detector when it’s on the ground.  Clothing bunching up is the only issue during the cold months. 

• Like 1