6000gpx Coil Wish List

I cant believe there is not a way to jailbreak the machine to bypass the chip.  There has to be some programmer out here that can figure this out.  The machines have usb ports for updates.  I mean iphones are jailbroken all the time to use unauthorized apps.  If u can mod an iphone u should be able to mod a detector, especially if camera shops are fixing them, looking at you phrunt 😁.

• Like 1

Dang, sorry to hear they won't be making them. Well, thanks for the update anyways, at least one no longer has to wonder...

5 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

I cant believe there is not a way to jailbreak the machine to bypass the chip.  There has to be some programmer out here that can figure this out.  The machines have usb ports for updates.  I mean iphones are jailbroken all the time to use unauthorized apps.  If u can mod an iphone u should be able to mod a detector, especially if camera shops are fixing them, looking at you phrunt 😁.

The problem is millions of users are using each phone, so that hacker pool of people wanting to bypass any security they may have is large, the same with games consoles, the developers of them do everything humanly possible to prevent them having their security bypassed as the gaming industry is now worth more than the movie industry so preventing people copying the games is a huge thing but they never win the battle, most are hacked not long after they're out and people are copying the games like mad.

The problem with metal detectors is there is a very small pool of users and to those that do this sort of hacking just have no interest in them, I'm sure if one of these seriously skilled hackers took it on they'd have it hacked in no time at all, they'd find it easy, it's has flash updates and there is no way Minelab are top of the line security experts, I'm sure it'd be an easy hack for the right person and yes I agree that it would be possible to disable the chip security by firmware modification.

• Like 4