Ice Cold Gold Dredging At Crow Creek, Alaska

Steve, Oh, How well I remember those days. Packing down and climbing into the canyon,suit up , dredge 3-4hours,change into dry clothes ,then climb out and trek back uphill to the parking lot,,, The good note is we were in  really good shape after about a month of this . Wish I still had some of that gold left, but lots of good memories and stories to tell when I am no longer able. This summer, adding to my bucket list ,dredging in the Wiseman area on river claims....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

HAHA.. no kidding!  We all were in really good shape back then..

winter dredging in 99.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, minerdude said:

i remember when you were there.

Yeah, right where the end of my hose is there was a really rich layer of black sand/Gold about 2" out of the water but it was frozen.  I was doing about 1/4 to 1/2 oz per hour out of it. 

Strong, hardy, gold hungry dredgers, iremember a friend and I dug thru over 3' of snow to get a small dredge in the water, didn't have a large area to suck up but after 3 days of hard work we were there, unit in the water, we had even extended the exhaust so we wouldn't kill ourselves.. didn't take long to clean up that spot and I don't think we even had a flyspeck in the cons...  Memories  (grinning)...