It's money! Every coin I can put back in my pocket is a win. Awesome how you were able to convince the kids to go to the school with you. Jedi warrior mind tricks you have. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice one. 👍 I agree with you - sometimes it's a blast to dig a lot of money. It sharpens your retrieval of stuff.

Going to a campground I've hunted before soon, that's pretty much what I'll find there but there is an old farmhouse site. Out of the farms for now 😵

Cool silver coin! Is that all junk jewelry? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skate said:

It's money! Every coin I can put back in my pocket is a win. Awesome how you were able to convince the kids to go to the school with you. Jedi warrior mind tricks you have. 

Actually my girls wanted to see the band concert so I said I’d take them and do a little detecting while they were watching the concert😁

I agree on the “it’s money”. It adds up over time.  I usually use my clad to buy metal detecting accessories.  I’ve had my eye on a predator shovel.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice one. 👍 I agree with you - sometimes it's a blast to dig a lot of money. It sharpens your retrieval of stuff.

Going to a campground I've hunted before soon, that's pretty much what I'll find there but there is an old farmhouse site. Out of the farms for now 😵

Cool silver coin! Is that all junk jewelry? 

The deus 2 is definitely a very good clad machine!  Yes, unfortunately all the jewelry is junk😥. I dug both rings within minutes of each other.  That sorta put me in jewelry mode for the rest of the hunt!  Lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

I’ve had my eye on a predator shovel.  

I have both the Ranger and the Barracuda. The Barracuda is a T handle and the Ranger is a D handle. There is a longer handle version of the Ranger, if you're over 6' you might look into it.

Aside from handle type, the Ranger digs deeper than the Barracuda, I'll often find my target right at the bottom of the plug. I've always had to dig a bit more with the Barracuda.

Any model you choose will be good, but I like the Ranger. I'm 6'1, and don't find it hard to use. They are the best shovels out there IMO.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I have both the Ranger and the Barracuda. The Barracuda is a T handle and the Ranger is a D handle. There is a longer handle version of the Ranger, if you're over 6' you might look into it.

Aside from handle type, the Ranger digs deeper than the Barracuda, I'll often find my target right at the bottom of the plug. I've always had to dig a bit more with the Barracuda.

Any model you choose will be good, but I like the Ranger. I'm 6'1, and don't find it hard to use. They are the best shovels out there IMO.

Since I subscribed to Paystreak’s videos, I want to get the phoenix model because of the curved, dish-shaped blade.  For the last few years I’ve been using a rootslayer nomad.  I’ve been pretty happy with it, but looking to try something different.  

• Like 1

Kind of like fishing for sunfish when the trout aren't around, all still fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Do you think you found a site that has seen few or no detectors?   Does the depth of the coins you found give an indication?  Is the area a maintained/manicured sports field or just a general unpampered play area where fertilizer and watering aren't applied?