When The Wind Blows...

Crazy, that's an awesome score still even if the big stone isn't real. I always forget about the other parts of the forum until I see a post pop up in the sidebar, and then I'm always utterly amazed at the amount of stuff you guys are finding on beaches...beach detecting is starting to look more fruitful than nugget shooting in some respects! Plus you get a nice cup of coffee paid for in change on your way home.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, jasong said:

beach detecting is starting to look more fruitful than nugget shooting in some respects! Plus you get a nice cup of coffee paid for in change on your way home.

jasong- yea its like going to a spa compared to gold nugget hunting....imagine digging in buttery soft sand most of the time...It's kinda nice to mix things up once in a while.... only problem then is you need more detectors lol. I don't know what the rings worth...wife says I need to sell some of this stuff....

https://www.cirellijewelers.com/products/a-jaffe-artistic-diamond-braided-engagement-ring-mes283-38

strick 

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 3

11 hours ago, strick said:

...The wife but she has already laid claim to the silver ring with the red colored stone.

She has a good eye (as does my wife), and they both leave the gold for us value-hungry detectorists.  :laugh:  Your ring to coin ratio for that hunt seems pretty high to me, but that might be because I don't beach hunt and I mentally discriminate outside the coin VDI zones.  All six of them are attractive, even if not all are valuable.  Were you doing any discrimation above the ferrous cutoff?

• Like 2

Great day on the beach, strick, and 6 rings, just awesome! That 18K ring probably had a real diamond originally. It's not uncommon for some unscrupulous jewelers to switch out stones when repairing or cleaning rings. It happened to me once. Great find regardless and still gold, well done! 

• Like 1

Awesome freaking day! There are times at the beach I have to tough my coil on my scoop just to get a tone. You are on fire!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skate said:

Awesome freaking day! There are times at the beach I have to tough my coil on my scoop just to get a tone. You are on fire!

What he said!  haha

Did the gold test out positive?  I found one with a 'nice looking' stone but it wasn't gold either.  You need bling at the beach not the real thing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, strick said:

Who in the bleep buys a beautiful 18k engagement ring covered in real diamonds and then puts a fake in the middle?

That being a "default 2 carat" Mount in the center, I can imagine they went for a CZ or something else. That ring would be over 10 grand.

My wife put 3 Moissanite diamonds (difficult to distinguish from a real one) in her setting, two half carat and one 1 carat. My diamond tester says they're genuine 😁 all the others were real.

Nice hunt strick! For me that's the payoff, not having my wife say "what do you need that expensive detector for?"

🙂

• Like 3