Almost Lost Hope For My Permission, Then Bam! Awesome Day.

You're off to a great start, DS. Good on ya finding part of a buckle! 👍 Unless you find a burn pile you'd be unlikely to find two whole buckles, and even then, maybe.

Also a good call to switch to a smaller coil if you're in an iron patch. 🙂 Seems you have the potential for quite a variety of finds. Somebody lost a coin there if it hasn't been cherry picked.

It would be interesting to see the trash you're digging, clues to what's going on there are in the junk. I've found that the finds in a very old place may be more relics than you think!

11 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

You're off to a great start, DS. Good on ya finding part of the other buckle! 👍 Unless you find a burn pile you'd be unlikely to find two whole buckles, and even then, maybe.

Also a good call to switch to a smaller coil if you're in an iron patch. 🙂 Seems you have the potential for quite a variety of finds. Somebody lost a coin there if it hasn't been cherry picked.

It would be interesting to see the trash you're digging, clues to what's going on there are in the junk. I've found that the finds in a very old place may be more relics than you think!

Well, as for clues, I haven't found any old coins thats for sure, which makes me suspect that it has been dug before but the jury is out on that. I did find a small peice of brass that looked like it may have at one time resembled a small sheild, but didn't have any definition or markings on it. Unidentifiable, but it did seem old. 

I need to go back over ground I covered with the 11 inch coil with the 6 inch coil to see if there were targets I missed. 

However, I am hopeful. The home owner was encouraging me to search the front of the home so that may produce some coins or relics. 

I am so glad I switched to the 6 inch coil. It is awesome. This place has weird soil, it gets very dense after 3 or 4 inches. Very mineralized. But the 6 inch coil likes it. 

• Like 2

Be sure to try setting your first Tone Break at 7 or so. It makes a big difference on unmasking good targets in iron trash/nails.

If Nokta comes out with a 10x5 elliptical for the Legend, jump on it. IMO that seems to be the winning form factor for best separation. 🙂 You don't lose much swing coverage from the 11".

You should find coins in the front yard, jump on that too. I'm familiar with the soil up there, used to live in CT near Sturbridge. Lots of iron laden granite, you'll come upon a rock as big as a car. My soil now is zero mineralization with only small stones, much easier. Farmers drink a lot of beer though! 🤣

Great finds, Dirtshark! Like F350 said, nothing cuts through the noise like a small coil, well done!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

If Nokta comes out with a 10x5 elliptical for the Legend, jump on it. IMO that seems to be the winning form factor for best separation. 🙂 You don't lose much swing coverage from the 11".

You should find coins in the front yard, jump on that too. I'm familiar with the soil up there, used to live in CT near Sturbridge. Lots of iron laden granite, you'll come upon a rock as big as a car. My soil now is zero mineralization with only small stones, much easier. Farmers drink a lot of beer though! 🤣

This site has odd soil for this area for sure. 

Oh and you ain't kidding about farmers and beer there is a bottle dump the homeowner showed me and there were tons of beer bottles and prohibition era flasks. 

Hoping for coins for sure. 

14 hours ago, Dirtshark said:

This site has odd soil for this area for sure. 

Oh and you ain't kidding about farmers and beer there is a bottle dump the homeowner showed me and there were tons of beer bottles and prohibition era flasks. 

Hoping for coins for sure. 

Are you sure the bottles were prohibition era?  Some of those can be worth a lot of money.

Hard to believe prohibition ended nearly a century ago. Incredible how time sneaks by.

If the bottle says "Federal Law Forbids Sale Or Reuse of This Bottle", it was made after prohibition.

• Like 1

So call Dispensary bottles are valuable. Medicinal loophole whiskey.

2 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

Are you sure the bottles were prohibition era?  Some of those can be worth a lot of money.

Hard to believe prohibition ended nearly a century ago. Incredible how time sneaks by.

If the bottle says "Federal Law Forbids Sale Or Reuse of This Bottle", it was made after prohibition.

You are right about the bottle. AFTER prohibition. It does say, "Federal Law Forbids Sale Or Reuse of This Bottle"

But that is just the first surface layer of this bottle dump. I have  no idea how long this place was used as a dump. 

I am not even looking there yet because I want the OLD stuff. 

I do have a nagging feeling that, because I am not finding old bullets or coins that this area was detected before.