I Am So Excited!!!!

Good luck and good hunting.

Stay safe and leave the big nuggets for me when I get down there soon. Please leave the coordinates.

Have fun and don't get burned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have advised Australian Border Force that a gold smuggler is trying to get into Australia wearing thongs (flipflops), shorts,  singlet and the real giver away he has a Yank Accent. I think that will slow you down Paul. 😊 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Oh my! 2

4 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

I often think of Fred, and how he would have loved to go back,,,, so with Gods help I am going to do it again and this ones for you Fred!!!!

I think of Fred often too.  He shared his maps with me when I went on my trip.  I'm sure he'll give you a few pointy fingers on your trip Paul.

Have fun and stay longer than they want you to stay.  Can't you retire there?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Why not just move there? I can't say I'd be as excited as you are to be going there, I avoid the place like the plaque as now after living here its too hot for me, I leave my wife to go visit the family without me 🙂  In saying that I now have an interest in gold prospecting which I never had when I was living there, took up detecting 32 years too late I guess. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Hello Paul,

Well I might see you out that way…..I’m kind of retiring soon so hopefully will be out and about a bit more. I live in Perth so that’s about 700 kms from Meekatharra. Let me know if there is anyway I can help you out at any time……unfortunately I don’t know where the nuggets are 🤔

Tony

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Why not just move there? I can't say I'd be as excited as you are to be going there, I avoid the place like the plaque and leave my wife to go visit the family without me 🙂

Okay….where is “there”……Meekatharra or Australia 😂

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

Australia 🙂

I think I'd rather live in Perth than Meekatharra although the little nuggets scattered all over the ground there would be a nice little bonus 🙂  Perth seems a nice city, my wife went there for her work when we were in Brisbane and came home wanting to move there, I had to put my foot down as it's too far from snow for skiing 🙂

I never went to Perth, like most east coasters the west coast is a bit alien to us.  A shorter flight to another country than to Perth 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Perth is a great city well laid out and the Perth Mint is worth seeing. Meekatharra had more iron bars and house anti-break in equipment than we had when I lived in Bougainville (Croc Gold Island) Papua New Guinea. I had a quick look around Meeka got a one bit of gold but moved on the next day. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1