I Am So Excited!!!!

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Australia 🙂

I think I'd rather live in Perth than Meekatharra although the little nuggets scattered all over the ground there would be a nice little bonus 🙂  Perth seems a nice city, my wife went there for her work when we were in Brisbane and came home wanting to move there, I had to put my foot down as it's too far from snow for skiing 🙂

I never went to Perth, like most east coasters the west coast is a bit alien to us.  A shorter flight to another country than to Perth 🙂

Well I have Kiwi neighbours on both sides of my house…….complete with Jandals and Chilly Bins (Simon will understand what I’m saying). 
It is remote over here……just the way we like it 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Makes sense to me, NZ has become so expensive in this day and age that you have to be able to afford to live here especially around the Queenstown region where all my gold is found which is why its become known as a billionaires bolthole but its similar the entire country. Australia is the easier cheaper option with higher wages for low paying jobs which these people are seeking. 

It's quite sad actually, unless you're able to pay over a million for a basic house for a person that's job is sales person with low wages which is impossible then you're better off moving to Australia for a cheaper life and many younger people do who have no hope of living here other than a life of struggle.   These normal jobs are filled by people on working holidays from overseas as the income isn't enough for a local to survive on and they're happy to live 10 to a house sharing beds one on the day shift one on the night shift.   When I first moved to the area I struggled to meet Kiwi's, everyone was from somewhere else in the world 🙂 It seemed like there were more Aussies, English and Americans than Kiwi's around here and it still does. 

The good thing is you guys have the most gold, and I'm very envious of that.  Fortunately for me skiing is more important to me than metal detecting and the value of my finds means nothing to me, it's more about the difficulty of the hunt so finding  small nuggets that are very hard to find means more to me than finding bigger easier ones would as the finds have no value either way, it's the fun of the hunt.  🙂

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Have a great time down there Paul , But please try not to muck up the country too bad while you are there ,LOL.

• Haha 2

Outback Yank

Hmmmmm , sounds like a name someone might adopt after moving there..........

Well , good luck on the hunt no matter how long you stay. 

Hope ya can post a pic that would make Gerry's jaw hurt just lookin' at it !

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy to hear you've got your plans made and are able to go. It'll be fun to hear the reports of your travels as you cut another swath through the NW…best of luck.

• Thanks 1

Hey Outback Yank,  Be sure to  take a spare detector or at least have someone there who can provide.  Nice to hear you get the opportunity to go back and do it right.  Wishing you the best of luck and looking forward to reading your posts.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Hey Outback Yank,  Be sure to  take a spare detector or at least have someone there who can provide.  Nice to hear you get the opportunity to go back and do it right.  Wishing you the best of luck and looking forward to reading your posts.

The Outback Yank will be so excited, he`ll forget not only his detector his luggage as welll.... 😈

• Haha 2

By all means give me a hoy if you do get down this way….you’ve been invited back a couple of times to the same place so you can’t be too much of a unit😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1