Interesting New Dealer….

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/tarsacci-mdt-8000-metal-detector

Hmmm interesting new pricing too😳

I’ve got one new unit left, w 12” BEAST coil & ALL the accessories, for A LOT cheaper!

And,,,, I CAN instruct you how to run it!

Do you think they can?😂

Aaron

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

Back about the same time the Eagle 2 came out I got a Fisher detector from Kellyco. I think you just took it out of the box and all you had to do was put the coil on. 
 The first thing I didn’t like about it was it would fall over every time you put it down. The shaft looked like PVC pipe and the little bolts that keep it together would come loose and fall out.

Kellyco had this deal if you didn’t like the detector you got you could send it back and get another of equal are more value. You had to do this within 30 days. I make the call and this woman answered I told her what I wanted to do. She then gives the phone to a guy but I could hear her smart ass remarks before the guy came on . I told the guy the same thing and he said no problem. That’s how I got my Eagle 2 and had been using Whites from day one detecting.

Kellyco rates themselves at 4.8 % and that’s why I said I must be the .2 % .

Now you know the rest of the story.

Chuck 

• Like 2

So it’s waterproof.   I assume the 5’ is from box to surface? Did Kelleyco not read the manual or did Dimitar make a change?   I hope he did.

kelleyco … wow stiff price I’d likely buy from Phil Meyers in Tampa first or Tom Dankowski.  I’ve never really liked the EXTRAs they throw in to make ya feel like you got a deal.  I’m not sure you can even get into their store right now.  What I am glad of …..more dealer interest.  I hope Dimitar keeps selling so he can continue improvements that we all would like to see.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Kellyco rates themselves at 4.8 % and that’s why I said I must be the .2 % .

Now you know the rest of the story.

Chuck 

That must be "new" math, Chuck. :biggrin:

I don't believe 4.8 out of 5 is the same as 4.8%  but who knows these days. I rekon on that scale you would rate them 1 out of 5 or less based on your experience...Anyway,  I think I got your point despite the confusing math.  I always had trouble with "word problems". :smile:

• Like 1

4.8 out of 5. Yeah, that would be a 96% approval rating I'm thinking. That's not real good considering how many customers they service.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

4.8 out of 5. Yeah, that would be a 96% approval rating I'm thinking. That's not real good considering how many customers they service.

Well, 4.8 out of 5 doesn't mean a 96% approval rating either because if you give a business a 4 star rating that doesn't mean you disapprove of it.  It simply means you had an overall positive experience but not flawless.  It's all somewhat ambiguous because the rating is simply the average of all 1 to 5 star ratings.  4.8 is not a bad rating overall, pretty good actually. Means most folks had an almost flawless experience (if they care enough to tell the truth and not just give a 5 star rating for a mediocre experience)or at least the 5 star ratings dominated the total ratings given.  But without the breakdown of each of the five ratings vs. the total, you can't really tell how many 4 or 5 star ratings there were compared to 1 or 2 stars.  That's actually the key to overall customer satisfaction and to how many truly bad experiences happened vs. the overall total recorded.  So with these 5 star rating schemes you get something that looks good from a marketeer's pespective but in actuality, doesn't really give consumers good, complete information to really judge how well a business is doing from a customer satisfaction standpoint. 

• Like 2

I assumed 5 out of 5 would equal 100% satisfaction rating, so 4 out of 5 would be 80%, 3 out of 5  would be 60 % , etc. At least that how I remembered it working.

• Like 3

I don’t know Chase but I do know this 

They say Pie R Square but that’s wrong it’s Pie Round Cornbread Square.

Have a good one Chase !

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I assumed 5 out of 5 would equal 100% satisfaction rating, so 4 out of 5 would be 80%, 3 out of 5  would be 60 % , etc. At least that how I remembered it working.

Yes. That could very well could be how some folks interpret how they should rate the experience since there is generally little guidance given in the surveys beyond "Totally Satisfied (5), Mosty Satisfied (4), Satisfied (3), Somewhat Unsatisfied (2), Totally Unsatisfied (1)" and similar.  And that's why it is so ambiguous  there are so many different ways the consumer can interpret the rating system it becomes almost meaningless.  The most unambiguous way to do it is a simple "Satisfied yes/no?" system, but as you can imagine, that rating system would not be as flattering to the business because users are more comfortable with giving a 3 or 4 rather than being backed into a corner with a "No", if not completely/fully/totally satisfied.  It's just a marketing tool rather than useful constructive feedback that a business can take seriously for improvement.

• Like 1