Hello From Northern Nevada

Jeff Hudson

Hi all, new to the forum. I've been snooping around northern Nevada for the last fourty years and detectoring for the last 10. I have enjoyed all of the guides/information here at detectorprospector and decided I should join in. Hope to add to the fun.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Jeff we are glad to have you here.

What type of detector do you use, and have you found much of the shiny stuff?

We love stories and pictures of the adventures so please share some when you get a chance.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1

I've had several trips to Northern Nevada.  There are lots of places to go in Pershing and Humboldt Counties. 

• Like 1

Hi fellas, thanks for the welcome! I haven't found any shiny stuff, a lot of boot tacks and garbage but its coming. I also look for pretty much anything. I've found limbcast, bogwood, turquoise etc. I used to love to hunt shed horns til it got so popular. I use a tesoro vaquero and plan on upgrading one day. Happy hunting!

• Like 1

Welcome, Jeff!  Quite a few ghost towns and abandoned train stops in your state, so good finds still await.  What coil(s) do you have for your Vaquero?

• Like 1

Welcome Jeff, I use to have a Vaqureo (years ago) with the same setup as you on the coils. Wish I didn't sell it... oh well. Tesoro had some great detectors. Yes, maybe you can look and shop around for a new one. Anyway show us your finds when you get out there again.

TC-AZ