Disc. Or Notch. Better Wording In Question.

Rrnp

On the Deus 2 if I don’t want dig anything below VDI 30 and don’t want to hear iron what is better, discriminate to 30 or notch till 30 and turn iron volume to 0. Will the detector find things the same that are above VDI 30?   I know I will miss things that might come in below 30. Thanks for the previous post.  With this wording hopefully my question will be more clear but the other answers helped me a lot. I don’t know if I should have posted this on the previous post or started a new thread. 

Thanks so much Chase, perfect for my weak mind to understand. I went out today for my third time with my Deus 2 and found a 10k 1.36 gram gold ring. VDI 49-50😀. The Deus is going to have a long learning curve for me. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Rrnp said:

Thanks so much Chase, perfect for my weak mind to understand. I went out today for my third time with my Deus 2 and found a 10k 1.36 gram gold ring. VDI 49-50😀. The Deus is going to have a long learning curve for me. 

Congrats!  I just got junk bling on my recent beach trip, but it was fun and I learned a lot about the D2 and the inadequacies in my scooping technique in rough surf. :laugh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Congrats!  I just got junk bling on my recent beach trip, but it was fun and I learned a lot about the D2 and the inadequacies in my scooping technique in rough surf. :laugh:

Pinpointing and scooping in rough surf is a real challenge for anybody...including experienced beach hunters like me!  At 74 however, I don't do rough surf anymore. Tame oceans are my friend these days!!!  😃

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1