Gold Detecting Tips

2 hours ago, sodbuster said:

thank You Gerry for your post.   

Is the 6" coil for the EQ 800 better for gold than the 5x10 coiltek?

H.H.    :minelab:    😁

The 6" round is better on the smallest nuggets, but you gain a little extra ground coverage with the Ellip.  The 10" Ellip is better than the stock 11" round on small gold but the 11" round has greater depth on bigger gold.  Hope this helps.

• Like 3

I agree with everything Gerry said about the Nox coil differences but there is one more thing to add, the only major advantage I can see to the 10x5" Coiltek over the stock 6" when looking for nuggets is the stock gets the best depth on tiny nuggets at the center of the coil, in rocky areas or bedrock cracks and so on you may not be able to get the center of the coil over the target as well, with the 10x5" the most sensitive piece on the coil to very small gold is the nose and tail meaning you can push the nose up into places and retain the maximum sensitivity giving it an advantage over the 6". 

Aside from that benefit I prefer the 6" as overall it's more sensitive.

• Like 4

Coffee just blew out my nose……….I just read Gerry’s post and under the PICK section…….on this is priceless. Should do a screenshot before it gets edited.

Can you crack a rib from laughing 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

Coffee just blew out my nose……….I just read Gerry’s post and under the PICK section…….on this is priceless. Should do a screenshot before it gets edited.

Can you crack a rib from laughing 🤣🤣🤣

I had to read it again, I missed it the first time, better take a screenshot before it's gone forever 🙂

N is nowhere near L on the keyboard so it wasn't a typo, it was a brain fart, something was on Gerrys mind when he typed that 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Time to go to work…….that’s if I can drive in a straight line 😂

• Haha 2

I'm trying to visualize how he does that with a pick handle :89:, apparently it only happens with the longer pick handles:th_panic: , so the short handles seems to be his favorite for doing that without tripping falling over! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3