Gold Detecting Tips

I always have a leatherman in my pack.  I also carry Silicone tape or self fusing tape in my truck. For VLF hunting I bring my crevice tool for bedrock hunting and a McCloud for raking tailing piles down.    https://www.thefirestore.com/Fire-Hooks-Unlimited-Wildland-McCloud-Tool?handle-options=210&gclid=CjwKCAjwyryUBhBSEiwAGN5OCFtI-zPb91w_M3NURsgLXTZ-r9i6VJQTbxdsjQwcO8DLgBrkaIIE-hoCn_cQAvD_BwE

• Like 2

Aside from Gerry using his pick for a different hobby, he seriously needs to brush his teeth....I could barely see em for all that yella stuff 😉 

• Like 1

Americans scratching their heads over what the Aussies and Kiwis are laughing about what Gerry is saying here….  🤣

Steve’s suggestion for a 10x loupe is very useful- I use a geologist’s style one  for inspecting specimens… get a triplet lens type for better quality.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

Americans scratching their heads over what the Aussies and Kiwis are laughing about what Gerry is saying here….  🤣

It's still there, read the pick section carefully, it'll give you a giggle.   Most seem to skim over it and not notice, I know I did the first time I read it.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Realize 24” handle length is hard to have on your hip as it gets caught up in your legs when wanking. 

This will preserve it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Realize 24” handle length is hard to have on your hip as it gets caught up in your legs when wanking.

I have heard just about everything now, just how can a person do that, please don't tell me I don't want to be scared for life with an image like that in my head.

That is just wrong.

• Haha 2

For those not familiar with the term, Google is your friend....

Nice list Gerry, one made from lots of years of experience. Steve's list is great as well. The nice thing about both lists, and the added details provided by others, is that a rookie wouldn't really know where to start, so you've both provided hard-earned wisdom on what is needed while chasing the nuggets out there in the wilds.

All the best, and thanks for taking the time to post your list,

Lanny

• Like 5