XP Deus 2 Vs Equinox, Summarized

1 hour ago, midalake said:

So, you don't like the rear mount coils as well. 😁

I don't worry about that much except on larger coils. It's just lack of coils in general. Ironically Minelab gets beat up for that a lot, and XP usually gets a free pass on the subject. But yeah, why does XP rear mount the coil ears? Makes no sense for anyone to do that that I know of.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I don't worry about that much except on larger coils. It's just lack of coils in general. Ironically Minelab gets beat up for that a lot, and XP usually gets a free pass on the subject. But yeah, why does XP rear mount the coil ears? Makes no sense for anyone to do that that I know of.

Well as a pure beach and water hunter a rear mounted coil gets a "F", from me. 
It is too hard to keep level on a slanted beach, and the off center position is impossible to control with wave wash coming by. companies and engineers should take note!   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, midalake said:

Well as a pure beach and water hunter a rear mounted coil gets a "F", from me. 
It is too hard to keep level on a slanted beach, and the off center position is impossible to control with wave wash coming by. Companies and engineers should take note!   

I don't disagree with you at all. Not everyone is in your situation, and so it's not as big an issue for them, but me, I like center mount coils, just like you. :smile: What I really detest though are $400 coils!! Every XP coil you buy you are buying another detector. I'd love a Deus 2 with plug in dumb coils that cost less money, don't need to be charged/paired, and eliminate that silly antenna when used in water. Makes more sizes possible by getting rid of the battery, and opens it up more to third party coils. Which is exactly why it will never happen. The coils are the cash cow.

• Like 8

The Minelab equinox too low priced.  They sold thousands of them to hook users to the brand.  I bet when minelab releases their newer model it wouldn’t be at a cheap price.  

11 minutes ago, Denny said:

The Minelab equinox too low priced.  They sold thousands of them to hook users to the brand.  I bet when minelab releases their newer model it wouldn’t be at a cheap price.  

A newer model will not replace Equinox, but will be a higher priced different model. Equinox will be around for quite a long time still. And Equinox too low priced? Really? That's a complaint? Maybe more like priced like they ought to be, instead of sky high. I remember when paying over $1000 for a metal detector would have been considered insanity, and metal detectors has been a rare electronic technology where prices have been driven higher, mainly due to lack of real competition versus Minelab.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I remember when paying over $1000 for a metal detector would have been considered insanity, and metal detectors has been a rare electronic technology where prices have been driven higher, mainly due to lack of real competition versus Minelab.

This is where I have issues right now. PRICE! As a consumer of detector products, I am pi$$ed off at XP's venture into telling me they have released a great beach machine.
YET, the main components of this machine are not usable at the beach. Headphones>junk, Detector rod>junk, offset coil>JUNK.

Then XP would like me to pay a premium price for this.  NOT going to happen!