Another Zinc Penny

The gold would be growing on me. 😀 Sinkers and bottle caps not so much, but somebody's gotta keep people from getting cored.

Nice one ! 👍

• Like 3

Nice find good looking ring.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

I went to Lashbrook's website and couldn't find a ring exactly like that one but I was able to "build" a ring just like it except the stone, it didn't give me a choice that matches the stone in that ring, but no matter it didn't seem to change the price no matter which stone I chose...., the price came to $1494 for a size 10, price goes up for bigger sizes...but that wouldn't include the custom inscription, so at least a $1500 ring, great find, and it's a good looking ring as well.

https://www.lashbrookdesigns.com/shop/rings/profiles/RED/widths/8/ring_materials/10KY?ring_finish=POLISH%2CPOLISH&finish_type=FS&size=10&feature_group=G%2CN&groove_style=N&groove_group=15-N&grooves=15-N_MOSAIC-CORAL&sleeve=NONE

• Like 2

Thanks Gold Seeker..I tried doing that as well but could not find that exact stone...looks like some kind of Amber gemstone of the dull variety lol..the gold is very pretty on this ring..when I found it I thought it was fake barely looked at it and put it in the pouch....

strick 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

This is exactly why I never notch out anything.  Never have; never will.

Just the view from my foxhole….

I'm the same way. Just hunt till your tired of digging...But  on the other hand a pro notcher would argue that notching will effectively eliminate unwanted targets and thus reduce your digging so they could cover more ground...How does one know that a target is unwanted? If you have never seen it? The problem with zinc pennies is that they come in many faces...the really corroded ones sound nice some times and give a lower VID...I would have to notch  anything from say a 15 up to say 21 on the nox and I would still end up digging a few.  So when beach hunting I prefer to just dig  until I'm tired of digging...even if I were notching I would end up getting tired of digging lol... Not to say that I dont notch... My CTX is the most accurate notching  tool I've got in my stable with its Fe/Co screen and target trace it is almost right every time in trashy park settings. I just love the thing.  

Thanks for checking in and thanks for your service ColonelDan

strick 

Agate ring around that gold band? Looks pretty cool. Guess your the Cowboy now LOL

• Haha 1

Awesome find Strick - congrats!!! I couldn't agree more with digging those zinc penny signals - got a few gold honkers reading around "19".

• Like 1