Deus 2- Coil Won’t Pair With Control Unit

12 hours ago, FirstNation said:

Jeff- I’ve made sure the clip is securely connected, and attempted to charge the coil at least a half dozen times. Sometimes the charging light will come on, then goes off shortly. Also, I only get the standby blinking light for a short time and it quits. In addition to that I get a pop up on my screen asking for the coil serial number. I truly think the coil is defective. I appreciate your input. 

Absolutely. 

Just hoping for an “easy” fix. 
I wouldn’t want you to wait months for a replacement coil in case it was good after all. 

• Like 1

The seller on EBay offers no questions asked returns for 30 days, and since I  purchased it on EBay using PayPal I’m  able to return it no questions asked that way as well. I was of course just hoping it was something I was doing wrong to avoid all that. I’m going to call the seller tomorrow and see if they will send me a replacement coil. If not I’ll just return the whole unit. Thanks again Jeff. 

18 hours ago, FirstNation said:

The seller on EBay offers no questions asked returns for 30 days, and since I  purchased it on EBay using PayPal I’m  able to return it no questions asked that way as well. I was of course just hoping it was something I was doing wrong to avoid all that. I’m going to call the seller tomorrow and see if they will send me a replacement coil. If not I’ll just return the whole unit. Thanks again Jeff. 

Unless the seller is “harvesting” coils from boxed full units, the inventory of individual replacement coils is practically zero across the board based on anecdotal information provided by dealers I know.  Seems XP initially focused on producing full detector units rather than individual spare replacement parts, at least for the coils.  So if the seller agrees to a coil swap, be sure to ask a lot of questions and make sure he goes on record as having a replacement coil in hand that he can immediately ship out so you are not on a months long wait for a replacement as Jeff stated.  A wholesale detector swap may end up being your best bet if he admits not having an on-hand coil inventory. GL and hope your seller comes through for you.

If your coil has a battery issue the XP USA repair center may be able to repair it. 

A member of another forum who claims to have inside information said that the USA repair center has/had some stock of Deus ll replacement coils. Whether that is true as of now?????

• Like 1