Hello! Like an idiot I went and bought The Garret AT Max! I had to the pro some time ago but an accident happened and I had to sell it! At the time Garret AT (pro gold and Max) were some the best I could afford The Deus was out of my price range and still is! But after watching all the new videos on the new technology multi frequency Im planning on getting a new one! It seems the Nokta legend is almost as good or better(build quality from what I hear any ways)) So what one would you suggest and why? I thank you all for your advice and help! I plan on hitting it hard this summer at some ghost towns and other areas!

I will be using My AT Max also to get good comparison! And If I can find a friend to go out with me! I live in Washington State An I have found a town close to me that was built in 1860s so Im excited 🙂 Being disabled and fiding somthing to do Is awesome Thank you agsin!!

• The title was changed to Equinox Or Nokta Makro Legend

You won't be making a mistake either way. The important thing is to get out on some good sites to learn & have fun. Sounds like you are off to a good start.

• Like 2

I think the poor build quality of the Equinox is over exaggerated.  Yes, it has it's flaws like the occasional one drowning and coil ears breaking off but if you consider the VERY large number of them out in use of course they're going to show more faults than the Legend which has far less hitting the soil, although if you look on the Nokta Facebook groups there are a bucket load of faulty Legends, not due to poor structural integrity so much as due to bad electronics and faulty coils.  So while there is an impression the Nokta is better quality I honestly don't think it is.

Both have a 3 year warranty so if you run into problems you get it replaced anyway and by the end of the warranty I'd be hoping a new model is out so me personally I wouldn't care if it had troubles at that point. 

If your control pod dies out of warranty on the Nox Minelab will sell you a replacement pod at a very reasonable price too, not sure how Nokta will deal with this situation.

• Like 8

Being a former AT Pro and AT Gold owner, the Equinox 600 and the Legend are outstanding steps up. Even when compared to the AT Max they are a big step up. Not knocking the Garrett AT Series one bit here. They were state of the art 10 years ago. They just can't compete now with the great features included with the Legend and Equinox and I can assure you they will detect just as well as the AT Max.

Selling the AT Max and buying even a $254 Nokta Makro Simplex, as recommended by Steve is not a joke by the way. He is serious as far as the excellence of the Simplex and so am I.

• Like 7