New Deteknix Metal Detectors

Just when I was finally starting to spell Nokta right somebody comes out with a another company to challenge my bad spelling (Deteknix).  They have a website (http://www.deteknix.com/ ) showing 3 models of their new detectors including a 19khz gold machine and a waterproof (we hope) beach machine.  The pics of them look very modern with wireless headphones etc. and very light (under 3lbs).  They also make pinpointers too.  It's said they are made in China but there is a company address out of California so not sure on that.  Do your own due diligence but they do look nice.  

Attached is some more info below mainly about the Quest diver model and a bit more about the company:

https://www.deeperblue.com/deteknix-inc-launches-new-line-underwater-metal-detectors/

They are being sold on ebay already at 600 dollars:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deteknix-Quest-Pro-Metal-Detector-with-Waterproof-9-x11-DD-Search-Coil-1601-101-/272136202677?hash=item3f5c94e9b5:g:jpQAAOSwoBtW2FQl

Terry 

The performance reports rolling in seem less than stellar on the quest pro. The package is nice as it looks like it could break down to a very small footprint for use in the field. It may not be a negative for everyone, however, the built in rechargeable lithium battery is a big negative to me.

Iv'e heard good things about their pinpointers which is how I believe Deteknix got their start.

I would like to point out that this company is in No Way Related to the Company in the UK called Detecnicks based in the South of England, Also the UK Company has been going for many years and although the name sounds the same the spelling is different and the UK company gets a lot of flak regarding this companies products when people have a warranty claim because this company has started to trade with a Sound alike Name, THIS company make some really good products, But again they ARE NOT Related to Detecnicks UK.

I hope this clears up  Any doubts when I mentioned the UK Company on another thread,.

John.

• Like 1

Thanks John and Solitude,

Reviews of the machines I saw on line were mostly good but I did see one youtube review where the detector was just going crazy.  The user was finally able to quiet it some but it obviously wasn't working right.  He claimed to try to contact the manufacture but no luck.  They denied there was an issue at all and my take on it overall was really poor customer service by the company.  Even if the the issue here is operator error, in my opinion I think the company should at least have a look at it to confirm but that didn't seem to happen per the owner of his new Deteknix Quest detector.  

I'm not saying it is a bad or good detector or company but buyer take due diligence,  Just saying it's out there. There are positive youtube reviews as well.  

That's for sure a possibility John.  I wondered also if there could be underground wires nearby or a big hunk of steel right under the fresh sod his coil is sitting on.  I would hope however that he had the common sense to try it in other locations without the camera etc.  Personally I don't think it's the best ideal either to turn on a detector with the coil flat on the ground over unknown ground.  We don't know if the user is experienced with detectors or not so it's hard to judge if this is operator error or a real issue with the machine?

My main concern now with this company is that the new owner of this machine claims to have attempted to contact the company but received no help.  

A different topic at this forum earlier talked about the demise of the Mom and Pop local detector store which I think is a bad thing for sure for us users.  Had he bought it at a place like that he could have taken it back to the seller who would at a minimum, could have checked it out and determined the cause of the issue and if operator error could help the owner.  As it is now, often times the seller will not take back an item and the customer is left to fend for himself with a large company who may be in another country and not have the best customer service.  With a new company like this we don't yet know much about them or their customer service and that would be a major concern of mine if purchasing from them.  I like it that Whites and Nokta/Makro seem concerned with their customer service and are making it known and even taking the time to communicate with us in this Forum and I feel that level of interest in their customers is pretty awesome!   

It is my thought that A cautious wait for some real reviews that are outside the beta testing. Reviews that are by regular customers and not sponsored individuals. There is a bit of a history here and caution probably should be practiced until that veil has been lifted. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bowwinkles said:

It is my thought that A cautious wait for some real reviews that are outside the beta testing. Reviews that are by regular customers and not sponsored individuals. There is a bit of a history here and caution probably should be practiced until that veil has been lifted. 

Sounds like a thoughtful cautionary statement.  Thanks bowwinkles. 

1 minute ago, bowwinkles said:

This is why I have not bothered changing machines in the past 6 or 8 years apart from getting the updated models, As with all machines they bring out they add a few tweaks and wanted things but they fall short within some of the other features which is why the realms of many machines abilities just stagnate and we are still in the same Rut 5 years later, But as I am waiting the that new Nokta/Makro machine to come out I have just ordered 3 new coils with cover from Detecnicks to keep me going while I await the release of that new machine.