Child’s Ring Or Something Else?

I dug this near an elementary school bike rack. It’s copper, with slight traces of silver-colored plating. The name “LEAH” is bracketed with shooting stars. It’s hard to tell from the photo, but the outside is a clear, convex acrylic band.

F8447519-9B38-4EF3-B854-4EA236A8D759.thumb.jpeg.49ea16ef91ff40d05a02ebb55027687f.jpeg

At first, I assumed it was a child’s ring. But the interior diameter is only 11/16” and the acrylic band is somewhat rubbery. If it’s a personalized ring, good thing the wearer’s name is only 4 letters. JACQUELINE would have been a tight fit! It seems both too cheap and too over-engineered to be jewelry. So I’m wondering if it might be a part of something. I tried searching internet for companies named LEAH with a shooting star logo but no luck. 

12D99BBE-3E2B-4633-AB24-00F02CE787D2.thumb.jpeg.c045c5a3b6cb7832d70c7a328863db97.jpeg

• Like 5

Back in the mid 70's that was a common type of ring, and they were cheap for the kids to buy.

They were silver plated and had a max of 6 or 7 letters on them with many different names on them.

They cost under $5.00 which was a average price for them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's a souvenir shop ring, off one of those carousels that have a couple hundred common names. Next to the keychain carousel and fridge magnet carousel.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks!

As the saying goes, “When you hear hoof beats, think horses not zebras.”