Speaking Of Coils.....

Skate

Has anyone heard when we will be able to buy a single coil? I want to get an 11" for the beach and it's been nearly 6 months now since initial rollout so I was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on when we can buy coils.

Thanks!

Dave

• Like 2

I wish I knew. I want the 9 inch one.  Lol

My dealer (Don @ North Georgia Relics) told me XP isn’t selling the D2 coils separately till the fall.

Aaron

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aaron said:

My dealer (Don @ North Georgia Relics) told me XP isn’t selling the D2 coils separately till the fall.

Aaron

That's going to suck if XP does that. I want a water setup and a land setup so I may just go ahead and purchase a second complete unit rather than miss out on the beach and lake hunting season. I haven't checked any classifieds so I might have to start there first. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skate said:

That's going to suck if XP does that. I want a water setup and a land setup so I may just go ahead and purchase a second complete unit rather than miss out on the beach and lake hunting season. I haven't checked any classifieds so I might have to start there first. 

That's what I just did.  I have 11" coil now. Want the 9" coil so I purchased the complete Deus 2 with 9 " coil. 

• Like 1

strange you cant buy  coil  .you can buy a remote or a ws6 but no coils .wheres the bottleneck ?

bizarre goings on at xp .no9 inch coils to be had anywhere  in the world for any price

• Like 1

I had read somewhere (likely here) that D2's demand abroad had faded and that detectors were sitting on the shelves (basically supply has met demand) so saving coils for complete units wouldn't seem as important now. I know supply chains are all screwed up but geez. At the rate inflation is going I may have to unretire before I even officially retire. Have a great Memorial day weekend everyone and remember if you can read this thank a soldier!

• Like 4

I think Freddy Mercury said it best, "I want it all and I want it now!" 😎

Personally I'm pretty happy to use the D2 with the 9" coil until other coils are available and I'm not too worried about adding 2 inches of coverage right now. The D2 has effectively been out in in shops for less than 6 months and it's even still in Beta software. I think they've done an amazing job in rolling this detector out. How long did it take other larger manufacturers to get all their ducks in a row and software finalized and coils out after the detector debuted? At least a year.

I'm going to cut XP some slack as they have their hands full manufacturing, making software updates, and fulfilling orders, and all during a pandemic and worldwide supply chain breakdowns and shortages. I don't think anyone else is doing it any better.

Just my personal opinion, for what it's worth. 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1