Combined-pinpointer And Digger

Interesting but I would break that button in no time the way I use stuff. 😃

strick 

• Like 1

Interesting 🤔 

I’ve found that when I am quickly scanning for surface finds, I like to hold my Lesche and F Pulse together in one hand rather than in and out of my finds bag (Omega Mill Minuteman). 

One issue that this would resolve is that because of the offset on the Lesche, this feels kind of awkward in hand.  Also turning on and off the pinpointer which I feel I am going to wear out. 

I wonder it it is any more sensitive to foil/gold than the F Pulse?  The detector coil is super sensitive to foil but the pinpointer seems to struggle sometimes if foil is not balled up. 

Probably tip only sensing on end of handle. I agree with strick, that momentary button won't last. Now if they made a plastic scoop type for prospectors that might be a good idea but it would have to be really sensitive.

Never had any issues swapping tools.

6 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Has anyone seen this "combined-pinpointer and digger or something similar. 

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t27544-combined-pinpointer-and-digging-tool

This was made by the same fellow who made the Cache Pro Elite desciminating pinpointer/probe which was way ahead of it's time. It had an 8" tip-only sensitive probe that could discriminate ferrous and non-ferrous wih out digging if the ground was soft enough. Unfortunately production of all his products has stopped and there are only a couple of the trowels being sold in his ebay store without the electronics installed.

I wish someone would make an updated probe like this. The only two discriminating pinpointers currently on the market require being within an inch or two of the target to correctly discriminate and they are both a little wonky to use. In a very digging restricted situation like my local parks, this probe is a time and dig saver.

Cache Pro Elite.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

This was made by the same fellow who made the Cache Pro Elite desciminating pinpointer/probe which was way ahead of it's time. It had an 8" tip-only sensitive probe that could discriminate ferrous and non-ferrous wih out digging if the ground was soft enough. Unfortunately production of all his products has stopped and there are only a couple of the trowels being sold in his ebay store without the electronics installed.

I wish someone would make an updated probe like this. The only two discriminating pinpointers currently on the market require being within an inch or two of the target to correctly discriminate and they are both a little wonky to use. In a very digging restricted situation like my local parks, this probe is a time and dig saver.

Cache Pro Elite.png

I found this website that says they sell refurbished Cache Pro Elite pin pointers, not sure if it's still doing so or if it's legit, but there's the link.

I clicked on the "Buy Now" link to see what would happen and it took me to a PayPal login page, so it may still be legit, they have a contact page  and you could try and contact them first if you're interested, it's a email contact system. 

http://www.intexsystemscorp.com/refurbished pinpointers.html

• Like 1

I'm a natural born skeptic I reckon and I am reminded of the catchy phrase that the fabled P.T.Barnum is said to have conjured up.

21 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

I found this website that says they sell refurbished Cache Pro Elite pin pointers, not sure if it's still doing so or if it's legit, but there's the link.

I clicked on the "Buy Now" link to see what would happen and it took me to a PayPal login page, so it may still be legit, they have a contact page  and you could try and contact them first if you're interested, it's a email contact system. 

http://www.intexsystemscorp.com/refurbished pinpointers.html

Yeah that was the main site. I believe these were made in the 80s or 90s. I got 2 of them for $55 each from his Ebay store about a year ago when I think he was liquidating them. They work amazingly well, specially in an area that has digging restrictions. Just pinpoint target & probe it. If it signals non-ferrous pop it out, if ferrous, move on. Perfect for my restricted parks.

ParkPack1-800.JPEG

• Like 3