Nugget Finder GPX 6000 Coil Pricing

Here it the Nugget Finder GPX 6000 coil prices for New Zealand, a bit of an indication of what to expect.

We’ve received the pricing for the GPX6000 Nuggetfinder coils this morning with some more information.

Unfortunately they can’t give us an exact release date due to some uncertainty around the supply of some parts. They have also advised that the 8x6” won’t be available until August/September.

• (8”x6”) NZ$689.00  / $449 USD
  • (12”x7”)  NZ$729.00 / $475 USD
  • (16”x10”) NZ$779.00 / $508 USD

I wouldn't mind the little 8x6" but the 10x5" Coiltek is increasingly looking more attractive with a far better price and also a shorter time until it's release.  Of course every country will have different pricing with their shipping costs being different and taxes and so on just it will just give you a basic idea.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I`ve the NF 8x6 on order, need a coil to push through our high grass. 

• Like 3

Just now, Norvic said:

I`ve the NF 8x6 on order, need a coil to push through our high grass. 

yep, small coils are excellent for that, I've noticed with my little 8" on the GPZ how good it is for long grass compared to bigger coils, every inch makes a difference.

I'm having trouble deciding which coil to get.

Tis easy, get the coil that suits the immediate job you have for it. 

Australian NF Xceed6 pricing via Miners Den.....Xceed prices AUS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

Australian NF Xceed6 pricing

The 8X6 Sadie for all other GPX units is Aus $295.  

The 8.5X6 for the GPX6000 is Aus $609. 

Over double the price.  Surely that is taking the piss?  It is not because the old Sadie is bundle wound and the new one might be flat wound, because even a flat wound 12X8 is only $460.  

Genuine question - does a chip really cost that much?  

Or, genuine question - do Minelab have their hand out asking for a cut of the sales because the coils are 'authorised by Minelab' and the coil manufacturers have had to bump prices significantly to pay for the privilege?    

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Northeast said:

Genuine question - does a chip really cost that much?

The chips are an ML proprietary mini sub-board and have to be encoded. Sure, this is probably a $2 part and take seconds to code up but ML are certainly gonna make $$ out of it. How much $$ ML is charging the coil manufacturers  for this part is indeed the question....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mmmmm, I started to feel a rant coming on but until all the facts are known I'll stand down.  

Be certainly nice to know where the huge mark-up is coming from if the specs are essentially identical.  

• Like 4

Here is the Aussie price from Lost Treasures

July release:
12”x 7” - $649.00
16” x 10” - $695.00
August/September release:
8.5” x 6” - $609.00
  • Like 1