My Island Is Under Attack!

Although this post has absolutely nothing to do with gold prospecting, I am afraid that a down turn in visitors to the island will have a flow on effect in regards to my daily coin and jewellery yield.. Since these stories appeared within 24 hours of each other, they're obviously FAKE NEWS! The Island is under attack from greeny press members from down south.. There are no deadly stingers or snakes on the Island!.. Please come back tourists.. keep dropping your coins and rings.. 😁 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-30/irukandji-jellyfish-woman-stung-magnetic-island/101110610?utm_medium=social&utm_content=sf256836672&utm_campaign=fb_abc_news&utm_source=m.facebook.com&sf256836672=1&fbclid=IwAR0DxhH6yQcVjgO4eY33rBMsNAEAGGsG2eEuKVKicd4GGWiE40OUgB6Bejw

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-30/magnetic-island-death-adder-population-thriving-no-cane-toad/101076110

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Come on Eric, we all know the wildlife in Australia all want to kill you! Even the lovable dogs want to take you out, they steal babies!  I've even been attacked by a bird there, yep, a little birdie swooped on me and tried to peck my brains out, damn Magpies, and then another bird was sitting in a tree watching the entire episode and all it could do was laugh at me, crazy Kookaburra's.

There is nothing fake about the crazy wildlife there, big or small they're out to get you! 🙂

Just a day ago a guy got the crap beaten out of him by a cute little Kangaroo

https://www.9news.com.au/videos/national/vision-emerges-of-a-man-attacked-by-a-kangaroo/cl3shtfjz003p0jm5go7p8urs

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Oh my! 1

Looks like you need to start raising some big foot's or maybe get a batboy over there to attract people back..

• Haha 3

On 5/31/2022 at 2:57 AM, phrunt said:

Come on Eric, we all know the wildlife in Australia all want to kill you! Even the lovable dogs want to take you out, they steal babies!  I've even been attacked by a bird there, yep, a little birdie swooped on me and tried to peck my brains out, damn Magpies, and then another bird was sitting in a tree watching the entire episode and all it could do was laugh at me, crazy Kookaburra's.

There is nothing fake about the crazy wildlife there, big or small they're out to get you! 🙂

https://www.9news.com.au/videos/national/vision-emerges-of-a-man-attacked-by-a-kangaroo/cl3shtfjz003p0jm5go7p8urs

phrunt...i have learned to never have a drink in hand or in mouth when reading any post by you...smh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 2:57 AM, phrunt said:

His dog were really not helping like dog should. Funny, when the man finally got the roo down on the ground the video stopped. I guess they didn't want to anger PETA showing the rest of the video of the man beating the crap out of the roo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maxxkatt said:

His dog were really not helping like dog should. Funny, when the man finally got the roo down on the ground the video stopped. I guess they didn't want to anger PETA showing the rest of the video of the man beating the crap out of the roo.

I heard the man says in a interview that the reason he got into it with the kangaroo was because the kangaroo was attacking/going after his dogs and he was defending them!

We had a couple of acres in Brisbane / Australia and all the houses surrounding us also had a few acres of land, we also had a big reserve bushland area across the road at the front and often had kangaroo's in our backyard usually after 4pm they would show up.   One thing we always did is made sure our little dog was inside as he was a little Maltese terrier and felt the need to act tough and chase them around, the big red ones were a bit more bold and would try attack him so once we learnt that we had to keep him locked inside whenever they were around, we were well fenced but that means nothing they hop right on over even a 6 foot fence.  

The little dog turned into a bit of a nightmare there as he was always chasing down wildlife, had a few close encounters with snakes too with once him carrying one inside that he caught and eventually it was a spider that bit him that sent him to doggy hospital for 9 days.   He ended up losing his dog door and we had to control his outdoor movements, I guess its what inspired getting rid of that house, as I said everything in Australia wants to kill you!

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 3