Gold Rush - New Zealand

Looks like Parker from Gold Rush is really chasing the crumbs now.    I can't remember who it was but someone told me they bumped into Parker here not too long ago.    I love how they say NZ is the land of Big Gold 🙂

Obviously his biggest mistake was not asking me for advice.

All-New Season Of GOLD RUSH PARKER’S TRAIL Premieres June 17 On Discovery And Discovery+

May 27, 2022 by Thomas Miller
38147 ep503 007

On an adventure of a lifetime, 27-year-old Parker Schnabel is traveling further than ever before in search of gold. Parker and his friends head to New Zealand – land of sharks, hobbits, big gold and revolutionary mining gear. To gain an edge back home, the crew head deep into the wilderness to explore all that this unique land has to offer and take Parker’s mining to the next level. 

An all-new season of GOLD RUSH: PARKER’S TRAIL premieres Friday, June 17 at 8pm ET/PT on Discovery and streams on discovery+. In addition to watching GOLD RUSH: PARKER’S TRAIL on Discovery and discovery+, viewers can join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #GOLDRUSH and following Gold Rush on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram. 

After closing out an epic $15 million Yukon season, Parker has rolled the dice yet again, putting down nearly $200,000 of his own gold on a Fairbanks property in his home state of Alaska. There’s a huge profit to be made on the ground, but he’ll need to find specialty equipment to process the clay-rich ground before he can obtain any of it. It’s a state-of-the-art wash plant that he’s in need of… and he’s going to travel around the globe to find it.  

Parker believes New Zealand is the only other place in the world with the engineering prowess to give him any real chance of a massive Alaskan payday. Home to some of the most forward-thinking miners, Parker and his crew quickly learn this remote island is chalk full of high-risks, tough environments, and secretive Kiwi mining communities who aren’t so quick to lend a helping hand to a fellow competitor.

A journey that’s as epic as it is high-risk, Parker and his crew find adventure at every turn as they explore all that this land has to offer. Whether scaling the Franz Josef Glacier to find the source of New Zealand’s famous West Coast Gold or undertaking a hair-raising jet boat trip down the Kokatahi River, Parker’s biggest test of all will be facing his fears with a gold prospecting dive through shark infested waters. 

GOLD RUSH: PARKER’S TRAIL is produced for Discovery by Raw Television, where Sam Maynard, Craig Blackhurst and Peter Campion are Executive Producers, Adam Hayes is Head of Production, and Sophie Hales is Series Producer. For Discovery, Carter Figueroa is Executive Producer and Jessica Mollo is Coordinating Producer.

38147 ep501 007 Medium/close up of Parker laughing. 38147 ep501 013 Silhouette of Parker Schnabel at the beach. 38147 ep501 014 Wide shot of Devil’s Gate. 38147 ep501 016 Medium shot of Jeffrey Turnell driving and Parker Schnabel as passenger. 38147 ep502 015 Wide shot of Jeff and Matt Dove using little red. 38147 ep503 007 Parker using the excavator.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Ooohhh…..those “shark infested waters”…….maybe they will find “snake infested jungle” as well 👍

I'm lmao. Great post. I'm always amazed at the life and death scenarios when they they are running excavators. I run excavators for a living and didn't know how much I was living on the edge!

I'm am jealous of Parkers gold hunting trips. If he can make money on this, good for him! And searching for a lost phone that belongs to a girl on a ski trip makes perfect sense in my world.

Do they make a detector that's good to ten meters in the snow?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks Phrunt,

I will be watching it.   No Guts, No Glory!   

Its all fake and staged as it comes, but it makes good TV.

• Like 4

A real prospecting show would be "The escapades of Klunker and Sourdough Scott" where in this episode Klunker hides SS's pick under his detector bag behind the truck. Then SS searches frantically through the truck bed knowing darn well he put it in the truck, while Klunker stands back grinning like a possum. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

• Like 2

I’ll be watching it…I like the Parkers Trail shows better than Gold Rush now. I can’t help it, I love Parker….watched him grow up on tv. Dang, if I were only 40 years younger lol😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2