Gold Rush - New Zealand

I think it might have been P. T. Barnham who said "You'll never go broke by underestimating the taste of the public". (or was it the "intelligence" of the public?)

"Never give a sucker an even break" was another of his snippets of wisdom.

• Like 1

It does show NZ 💯. Parker Schnabel, his early episodes are great with his Grand Father helping him find gold. It must be hard to do the shows which helps build the interest in prospection, when he is the drawcard and still try to be true to real prospecting and not media demands.  

• Like 2

Seriously, some of you folk that suck this rubbish up must have slept in the wood heap and had your brains eaten out by termites.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

Stumbled across this on Youtube, first episode....

--- update: looks like the person had to take the video down, they must have been naughty and not allowed to put the video on Youtube.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

This is the Episode from my prospecting area

You'll see the road I'm too gutless to drive down, I've only been there when JW or my ML dealer have driven me in there 😛

• Like 5

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

This is the Episode from my prospecting area

You'll see the road I'm too gutless to drive down, I've only been there when JW or my ML dealer have driven me in there 😛

Yes that's a scary looking road for sure, but if I visited there I would have to drive that road....because my first name is Skipper, it's not a nickname it's my given name when I was born, so I would have to drive on "my" road in NZ!!!

• Like 1

Why I'm so scared to drive it is if you encounter a vehicle coming out when you're going in or the other way around.  One of you have to reverse for however far until there is a wide enough spot for the other to get around, I just couldn't confidently reverse while driving on a cliff edge so I'd refuse to budge and force the other vehicle to go backwards 😛

It'd be a nightmare this time of year with snow and ice.  It'll be snowed in today as I'm stuck at home with snow today.

IMG_20220620_110518_1.thumb.jpg.8db16f05c80f14c9d5de173cf9c2cd36.jpg

This is a photo of where the road is down below us when skiing.  My daughter in the photo.  Plenty of gold down in that area but the rivers/creeks are all claimed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Does it start at 30:45?  Have you done that bungee jump (or is it only for TV stars)?  😜