Short Beach Hunt On A Short Beach. Great Finds!

The Deus 2 first time I brought it to the beach I forgot the antenna lol 

Earlier in another life I was one of the donors at a beach in maui. Plain gold band...all of the sudden I noticed it was not on finger any more.  Never thought to take it off and leave it in the hotel...after all I was a proud newly wed. That was 38 ears ago. I rented some snorkel gear looked a long time ....I knew it was hopeless... but I learned a painful lesson that day.  

To answer your question honestly..not really not any more..but I know how they must feel. Now my wife and I just say to ourselves  "why would anyone wear this at the beach" and to be honest most of the rings we find have been lost for years...

I've found quite a few dog tags hunting old WW2 camps near me. I thought I'd do a good deed and find the relatives of the vets and mail them to them..it turned out to be a big fiasco..people thinking I was trying to scam them or something nefarious...I gave them all to a buddy so he could do how he wishes...

I'll bet you find more there..looking forward to your hunts. 

strick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, strick said:

The Deus 2 first time I brought it to the beach I forgot the antenna lol 

Well I forgot my scoop today 🤣 still had my composite trowel, but close to the water I had to dig like a madman before the water filled it in.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! 👍 yeah I've found some dog tags and had noble intentions but encountered the same thing, or would have had to pay a lot to get info.

7 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Dang man!   Double gold!   I’ve never had a double gold day.  Congrats!!

Ha, Thanks! I haven't either. My first genuine hallmarked gold. 🥳 Go big or go home I guess... 🤔 😀 I was pretty stoked when I heard the second one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Well I forgot my scoop today 🤣 still had my composite trowel, but close to the water I had to dig like a madman before the water filled it in.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! 👍 yeah I've found some dog tags and had noble intentions but encountered the same thing, or would have had to pay a lot to get info.

Lol, I forgot my shovel the other day scouting a new permission. Its a good thing I didn't have it because I got there late and I was finding stuff that I couldn't dig.

I try so hard to not forget anything but the excitement of a new permish got to me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dirtshark said:

Lol, I forgot my shovel the other day scouting a new permission. Its a good thing I didn't have it because I got there late and I was finding stuff that I couldn't dig.

I try so hard to not forget anything but the excitement of a new permish got to me. 

I am always excited to go metal detecting. So many things to remember, prepare, and collect before going. Most times I get everything.

Told my wife today, "A bad day of metal detecting is better than a great day at work!" 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I am always excited to go metal detecting. So many things to remember, prepare, and collect before going. Most times I get everything.

Told my wife today, "A bad day of metal detecting is better than a great day at work!" 😀

So true, hell, a bad day metal detecting is better than a good day golfing....

Wait a minute, that may not be true. Actually I know its not. Lol

• Haha 2

That's awesome - congrats! Not sure how many gold rings I've found over the years but never 2 in one hole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Compass said:

That's awesome - congrats! Not sure how many gold rings I've found over the years but never 2 in one hole.

Thanks. Sure was a good start for me! First hallmarked gold ever. 🙂 I've found other gold but had to test it. I've been detecting about 2 years now, didn't expect to get anything at this place.

• Like 2