Where A Tamed-down 7000 Shines

6 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Thanks, GotAu. The 14 inch is pretty big for small washes, I even had a struggle with the 12 NF. But as you say, let's hope smaller DDs will be on the upcomimg coil list. I will definitly try it out however. Good to know that it works for you.

GC

All I want for XMas is a 10x5 DD! 😉

• Like 4

Nice work on finding the gold, glad your hard work got you something to show for it.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 9:02 PM, Lunk said:

GC, just wondering if you tried the 6k with the DD coil in that environment? I had great success running the older GPX machines with a DD coil in cancel mode (just like the 6k DD in EMI cancel) in the volcanics of the El Paso Mountains. The conductive ground cancel may work as well.  

Hey Lunk, finally tried the 6k/14DD in hot rock infested grounds (volcanic tuff). It is indeed an improvement over the 11 inch coil, however, not as much as I thought (perhaps 10% better overall). However, after some experimentation I found that the 7000 in general/ difficult gives a vast improvement, 80% or better. Neither HY/ normal (worse than the 6k), HY/difficult nor general/normal worked. Only general/ difficult. I can highly recommend these settings for everyone struggeling with hot rocks and it allowed smooth detecting in the worst hot rock conditions that I have ever encountered. Despite the tamed down machine I managed to recover a few small pickers in the 0.1 g range (not worthwile showing). This is a good example of how the 7000 with its settings can save the day. Here my exact settings: NF-Zsearch, general/difficult, sens 11, smoothing off, gb semi auto, other settings are default.

GC

• Like 3

Good on you, GC; just a simple matter of having the right tool for the job. That  General/Difficult combo even works great against magnetite hot rocks too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2