Back To The Beach With The Deus 2

Today I went back to the same beach I went to yesterday, but brought the Deus 2 with me. I thought it would be a great place to test whether the D2 could find deeper targets than the Equinox after a great hunt yesterday, I pretty much found all the Equinox could find. I also wanted to be sure I didn't miss a possible 3d ring in case there was an engagement band on its side or something 🤔 😀20220601_092949.thumb.jpg.32de685a7298288b198ec8da80a3fba0.jpg

Today was hot again but a fairly strong breeze out of the northwest made it a bit more pleasant. Got there early, no one there. 20220601_131259.thumb.jpg.f337fdfa317ab3e723b5cceee3724bc7.jpg

The D2 with the 9" coil in Beach sensitive does hit targets deeper than the 600 with the 10x5, every bottle cap (a ~67) was at least 12" down, as was the sinker. Most of the other trash was right near the top, yesterday and today I dug just about everything but targets that were over 2 feet deep which were probably large iron. The glass was on the surface.

I really didn't expect to find anything at all but the day wasn't a skunk, in the last half hour when I got to the other end I found that there must have been some activity there after I left. I ended up with a deep old nickel so badly corroded it's not negotiable (nor does it have a date) and some very new items:20220601_132147.thumb.jpg.d6273303622b6f8f8f2fce2c0fa7c057.jpg

A pair of Foster Grants, and .56 in modern coins. 😀 

I was glad to have got one much older coin, don't know why I missed that one with the Equinox, it wasn't especially deep and it was a nickel signal. I didn't hear the bottle caps yesterday at all. They were very clear with the D2.

The takeaway for me is that the D2 definitely goes quite a bit deeper in Beach Sensitive than the Equinox in Beach 1 with sensitivity turned up.

Some kids showed up to swim so it was time to go. I may return tomorrow with the D2 ready to go in the water. 🙂

• Like 7

Great time out detecting. Good luck in the water.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Great time out detecting. Good luck in the water.

I know it was routine stuff, but it gave me much greater confidence in the D2.

Gotta get in there, the jellyfish are starting to show up. 😵

• Like 1

Now you really didn't think you would actually find another ring that you just used the NOX the day before did you.

You have to give people some time to lose things before  having the NOX find them for you, I know you were trying to give the D2 a chance.

Well thanks for cleaning up the beach from the trash that people left behind as they enjoyed the water.

Good luck on your next hunt and take the NOX.

• Like 1

What? No selfie with you wearing those spiffy Foster Grants?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just being out there getting any targets is all that matters, with the exception of flip tops and I see none in your photos, so that must of been more than rewarding for you. 😄pinpointing.jpg.6e885896d9123e5d0b45b0beec0332f3.jpgpulltab.jpg.6312a703ebe662e36fc5a0f34101744d.jpg

• Haha 3