GPX 6000 Faults - The Definitive Poll

Have you had a fault with your GPX 6000  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had a fault with your GPX 6000 coils

• Yes, I've had to have one replaced
    • No, all good for me
  2. 2. Has your detector itself had a fault, this includes intermittant errors like an ! mark error on the screen and batteries

• Yes
    • Not yet
  3. 3. Does your GPX 6000 shaft twist?

• Yes, it does
    • Not yet

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I’d quit with the what’s wrong part, get a 6x8 NF coil on that 6K pronto, and go find some gold. Should be a killer combo for NZ!

yea, I've had it on order for a while, I can't wait! I'm sure it will be a killer combo.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, phrunt said:

yea, I've had it on order for a while, I can't wait! I'm sure it will be a killer combo.

NF’s are out now? just ordered a 10x5 CT for mine, wonder how it will compare with the 6x8 NF?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, phrunt said:

There should be enough power concentrated in a small area that you can almost melt the nuggets! My only concern, as I’ve considered that combo, is that in my locations it might also light up some tiny hot rocks that don’t need to be lit up. That could be a serious downside people are not thinking about in some locations. But for really mild ground, no hot pebbles, a 6K with Sadie coil should annihilate small gold. It would be interesting to run it side by side with the best VLF nugget machine you have, as it might actually have a shot at truly obsoleting VLF as a reasonable alternative. A Gold Bug 2 might eke out a marginally tinier bit of gold, but I have to think for sheer punch the 6K/Sadie combo would leave a VLF in the dust.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

There should be enough power concentrated in a small area that you can almost melt the nuggets! My only concern, as I’ve considered that combo, is that in my locations it might also light up some tiny hot rocks that don’t need to be lit up. That could be a serious downside people are not thinking about in some locations. But for really mild ground, no hot pebbles, a 6K with Sadie coil should annihilate small gold. It would be interesting to run it side by side with the best VLF nugget machine you have, as it might actually have a shot at truly obsoleting VLF as a reasonable alternative. A Gold Bug 2 might eke out a marginally tinier bit of gold, but I have to think for sheer punch the 6K/Sadie combo would leave a VLF in the dust.

The 24k does well with some hot rock pebble areas I’ve tried it with, but I’ve used it in some old drywasher piles it hates.  Each pebble was highly attracted to magnets and they were dense. Haven’t been back to try my 6k there yet, but I am looking forward to it when I get the 10x5 over it, but I think  it will take some raking out the pebbles with a magnet first though!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

NF’s are out now? just ordered a 10x5 CT for mine, wonder how it will compare with the 6x8 NF?

No, I think September at the earliest for the little guy, I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait though, but judging by my 14x9" Coiltek I think you'll be happy with the 10x5" anyway, and it's a good size if you're just getting one of the smaller coils.  I just wanted the smallest coil possible so I'm riding out the wait.

I'm truly looking forward to the smaller coils and to put it bluntly that's why finally gave in and bought a 6000 after resisting one for a year or so, as soon as I knew smaller coils would be easily available I just desperately wanted one. 

The 6000 at the moment with the 11" is a competitive detector with my other options on small gold, put a tiny coil on it like the little Sadie size and it should be absolutely deadly, not only that it can get poked around anywhere and have the hot edges on the coils to get bits other coils might miss.

I'm not worried about the hot rocks, as it's only in some places and I have other options for dealing with them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonathan Porter said:

When it all comes together and I’m rewarded with a nugget no matter how small or what detector I used to find it, I experience pure bliss and I’m immediately planning on doing it all over again. 😊 🤗 

The challenge is what it’s all about for me, it always was and always will be.

JP

yes, it's hard to beat that feeling, only better feeling is when you get one, then instantly another, then another and bingo! A little patch! I can't even imagine the feeling of a big nugget, my legs go wobbly when I find a 4 gram nugget.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Solved it, the o-rings work really well to keep the shafts from spinning so easily:

• Thanks 1

For those wondering how it all panned out.

62027098_Replacedcoil.jpg.cb4f808f0beb763d1df6c905b22779d7.jpg

2042499726_CoilrepairformML11.thumb.jpg.001c1a2298b0e8c55e223f9af87551bc.jpg

Glad to have that resolved, hopefully the new one works well.  I'm happy they were able to fault it and didn't say replaced as a precaution then I'd always been wondering if it was indeed faulty.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I know you can't vote twice on the poll but how is it all going now?

A few new developments out of Australia...........................................

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/anyone-checked-their-6000-coils-lately.40133/