Deus 2 With Amphibians

Most of my hunting is deeper freshwater wading in the waist to neck range that requires a wired, waterproof headphone option. I tried the bone conduction headphones but wasn’t a fan, so I borrowed a set of Gray Ghost Amphibians (for Garrett) from one of my Excals and made up an adapter cable.

I’ve been out twice with then now, hunting mainly in Pitch/Square and I liked how they sound. I tested them with a sound meter app on my phone and they peaked at 85db at volume level 9 using a 6g 10K band. Probably not highly accurate, but ballpark. I also tried them in Pitch/PWM but the Square audio was more appealing to my ear.

I’m liking them so I ordered the Deus its own set of Amphibian II’s (for Garrett), and I’ll clean up the wiring.

It’s taken me a bit find my groove with this machine but now I’m really starting to enjoy it. Most of the time the remote is submerged but that doesn’t bother me, there seems to be plenty of audio to work with. I really like Pitch especially at the beaches that classify well. Using Pitch with an Audio Response of 4 or 5 seems to really identify the deeps well.

20220602_120624.jpg

• Like 8

Nice job with the headphones, I'd rather hear what is going on around me so bone conduction works for me. They're loud when done right, but I guess you have to have a certain head size 😀 When you hit the bones just right you have to turn it down.

I like that Anderson shaft too.👍 when I see one with a small lower like the "stork", I'll probably switch but most of my hunting is land anyway. Does the coil cable route through the shaft?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice job with the headphones, I'd rather hear what is going on around me so bone conduction works for me. They're loud when done right, but I guess you have to have a certain head size 😀 When you hit the bones just right you have to turn it down.

I like that Anderson shaft too.👍 when I see one with a small lower like the "stork", I'll probably switch but most of my hunting is land anyway. Does the coil cable route through the shaft?

Those bonephones are loud! I went over some larger iron and that lower frequency scrambled my brain!

The wave guide is just run under the hand grip, I couldn't run it inside the handle because there's an insert in there for fastening the remote mount.

20220428_142709.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Brad,

How do you like the Anderson shaft setup? Can you break it down or do you just keep it together like a standard unit?

Thanks

Dave

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Skate said:

Hey Brad,

How do you like the Anderson shaft setup? Can you break it down or do you just keep it together like a standard unit?

Thanks

Dave

I'm really liking the shaft, it's a good fit for me. With the waveguide inside the shaft I don't break it down. It fits in my minivan the way it is but I guess I could shorten it some if I had to.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I talked to Carter, owner of Detector Pro.. he said they should have the D2 GGA's in Mid-June. 

Thank you for that timely info, Joe.

I spoke to my friend and he doesn't think my order has shipped yet so I'll wait for these.