Fisher F-19 Discontinued?

I just bought a new one on Ebay in Sporting Goods section from FirstTexas. They had 5 listed for $275 or BO. I got it for $250 shipped! I think there is one left. They list them as LTD which are the camo ones but they claim it is same as one on box.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Fisher F-19 Discontinued?

One of my favorite relic hunters of all time.

• Like 1

Now there is a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger pro all other models are a bit of a scam especially the Gold Bug Pro. 

Let's use Kellyco pricing as an example....

To buy the Gold Bug Pro it is $549 USD, it comes with the 5" coil.

To buy the Time Ranger Pro it is $399 USD with the 11" coil.

Kellyco don't sell the Time Ranger Pro, I wonder why? Now lets keep in mind the Time Ranger Pro is an upgraded version of the Gold Bug Pro with more features and a back light and with the more expensive bigger coil that costs $149 USD at Metaldetector.com and the Gold Bug Pro comes with the smaller 5" coil that costs $119 USD at Kellyco.

So the main differences between the Gold Bug Pro and the F19 uhm, G2 uhm, Time Ranger Pro are

• Pinpoint in both disc and all metal modes
  • Main volume control
  • Ferrous volume control
  • Notch accept or reject
  • Notch width control
  • LCD back light
    - With variations between shaft and coil to try make the models appear different.

So when you add the price of the 5" coil which then gives you both the 11" coil and the 5" coil to the price of the Bounty Hunter with more features it comes out at $518, still cheaper than the plain featureless Gold Bug Pro and with two coils instead of one when the Bug is priced at $549.

Selling the Gold Bug Pro in today's market is almost criminal and I feel sorry for anyone that buys it thinking they're getting something "better" when it is just the name people are paying more for.  The Gold Bug, Gold Bug Pro, F19 and G2 either need their prices seriously adjusted or they need discontinued now the Time Ranger Pro is out. 

• Like 5

FT doesn't sell anything that I would want. The whole multi brand thing is a scam. It has been from the start.

If Fisher had stayed in business, we might have seen some innovative detectors from them, like the modernized CZ beach machine I always wanted.

• Like 1

The Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro is now probably the most suitable purchase from the same family of G2 + tek detectors, and also the Fisher F19,

Here it must be said that it is still a powerful and quite versatile detector .. with a really accurate VDI ... a larger 13 "coil adds to its depth .. and brings it to the class of powerful detectors ..
  ...according to me ... the price - BHTR-Pro  and the performance is still really good ..

..easy operation and setting of the detector is another plus...

• Like 2

They sent me the LTD camo. Got it foe $250 shipped. Can't beat that! Serious Detecting has them for $799. Monte on Finds got one of them also.

• Like 1

that's a great deal, I've paid more for an aftermarket Coil for my Gold Bug Pro.  You did very well at $250 shipped.  If this was their everyday price they'd sell a lot more of them that's for sure.  It brings them into fierce competition with the Vanquish, Apex and Simplex where they belong.

• Like 2