Fisher F-19 Discontinued?

I've always had a stigma about Bounty Hunters. Back when I started detecting they were considered toys and were only sold in hobby shops and department stores. That was before BH was bought out by FT who apparently tried to make BH a more legitimate brand but at the same time lowered the quality of the Fisher line up by making the Fishers nearly identical to Bounty Hunters. I still cannot fathom why FT decided to not produce a line of CZ models.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

I've always had a stigma about Bounty Hunters. Back when I started detecting they were considered toys and were only sold in hobby shops and department stores. That was before BH was bought out by FT who apparently tried to make BH a more legitimate brand but at the same time lowered the quality of the Fisher line up by making the Fishers nearly identical to Bounty Hunters. I still cannot fathom why FT decided to not produce a line of CZ models.

I agree, and mention that in my article on the Time Ranger Pro. First and probably last Bounty Hunter I ever owned. Regardless of the actual capability one way or the other, the Bounty Hunter line never did shed it's reputation among many detectorists as a less desirable brand. Ironically it is my understanding also that FT purchased the Fisher and Teknetics brands partially to avoid that stigma, by selling detectors under those brands that had better reputations with the higher end crowd. At this point now though it seems it's all slowly folding back into Bounty Hunter, as the other two brands slowly die off.