my AQ set up. Float to keep the back end up if you have to let go of it. the foam also acts to keep the lanyard positioned. the lanyard keeps the unit under control and clear of any of the jacks / cables. I also have a plastic power jack guard made from a shampoo bottle. I also wrap the power jack and coil connector with rubberized tape to be on the safe side.
cjc

IMG_4652.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Fisher Engineers to each other: “Looks like the Super Shampoo Stabiliser MK2 was all we needed” 🤔

Probably the best 13 cents you ever spent Clive 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

With  the  correct length  of lanyard and it's positioning the guard is not really needed.  This is a nice machine given a bit of awareness.  Still running the Sea Hunter?  Just wondering how you find  it...

cjc

Hello Clive,

Loving the Sea Hunter (XL500)……mind you, Eric did a lot of work on it. As you know, the Ikelite cases are bulky but I mount mine like a backpack and forget that it’s even there 👍

Eric made it a Motion detector, upped the pulse rate and increased the pulse width to help capture the bigger pieces of gold. Min delay is 20uS which for me in moving saltwater is the Goldilocks setting. It’s quite a beast and I wouldn’t swap it for anything on the market.

Hope you’re having a good summer in the briny 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So that's your secret--a touch of the master's hand...

That's a high rate--interesting must be super stable and good on the 22k. 

cjc

Hello Clive,

Yep, the fact that 20uS still responds slightly to fast salt tells me that all is well as far as sensitivity is to the higher karat gold…….the slightly diminished response to lower karat gold doesn’t bother me one bit. Also, the valuable stones are nearly always embedded in 18K and 22K gold. I tend to work the “crash zone” of the waves as this is where a lot of gold ends up…….almost impossible to work with quick delays 👎

I sure get mashed around in this spot but I always have it to myself plus I will use my old bonephone under a dive hood as regular phones don’t last long here with the constant waves stripping them off your head.

HH

Tony