Testing My New Mini Digger

That's a nice tool you have made.

• Thanks 1

Nice job on the making the digger. By your finds it works great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NAGANT said:

Nice, are those rivets?  I made something like that but ended up using Chicago screws as my rivet attempt was a major fail. 

Brass pins hammered down.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kac said:

Brass pins hammered down.

Brazing rods work well also.

Nice tool that you made, did you think about maybe a serrated edge on it for cutting.

I have seen one of those same coins in grandfathers collection, it was part of a presidential collection and were given out free from someone. I just can't remember where he said that he got them but he had all of them in a blue hardback book.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

Did you use recycled scales or did you make those and do the engraving/Logo?

I have a pile of wood pieces I use for rod building as seats. Those are birds eye maple. I engraved the logo with my laser.

I have some brass rods I cut 1/16" longer on each side of scales and peened them down with a small ball peen hammer then used my sander to finish it all off. All the stock I used I happen to have in my shop. The knife stock I had for a folding probe which I haven't finished off. Seemed bit long and not sure how well it will work once it is slopped up with dirt.

May put serrations on the sides of the tip but so far doesn't seem necessary. So far the polished tip didn't gouge up any of the finds but that would probably change on a pine tree shilling :)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1