Testing My New Mini Digger

Update on the park probe. After using first one and knowing how brittle the 1095 is I changed up materials. The new one has a slightly less curve to the blade and rounder handle. Should be nearly industructable. So far even though the first not the right materials it works greate in popping up gravel and working around roots.

IMG_2113.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Great job on the tools Kac.

• Thanks 1

Looks perfect for "between the root" areas, and rock/paver/ sidewalk crevices! I've snapped a screwdriver or two on those spots! And a good way to injure yourself!🤕 A screwdriver is also very inefficient removing the soil in tight areas, and can gouge coins horribly!

Quality looking work! Great job!!👍👍

• Like 3

Nice looking tools, let me know how they work out for you.

I just dig a hole that I know I can get they item out without destroying it, and then worry about filling the hole back in. So it would be nice to learn how to use those tools.

• Like 3

So far works really well. I use my pp straight up and down to find the target then put the blade just outide and pop the target out. Tip does scoop pretty well for it's size.

I hunt quite a bit at the river and lakes that have packed gravel and want to test the new one on durability. Should be like a little pry bar. Shovels are useless in the gravel.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1