What Program Does A Better Job Of Number ID Over Quarters And Dimes?

My 125 year old country church with a ball field has been hammered by me for many years. It looks like the number must be at least 90 or above to lose the round or mashed screw caps. So far in 3 trips I have dug a pile of caps with only 1 wheat and a silver dime to show for it. Most caps read from 86 to 89. I only will detect here when my colonial permissions have hay. What say you coin hunters?

Personally I like the Relic program. It locks on to coins and bottle caps tend to sound a little bigger and fuzzier if they're rusty. I also double check with the Park program with B.Caps at 3-5. Of course you could notch or discrim everything below 90, but some types of pennies will show up in the 80-90 range depending on mineralization and surrounding contamination. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Personally I like the Relic program. It locks on to coins and bottle caps tend to sound a little bigger and fuzzier if they're rusty. I also double check with the Park program with B.Caps at 3-5. Of course you could notch or disrim everything below 90, but some types of pennies will show up in the 80-90 range depending on mineralization and surrounding contamination. 

I agree. 

• Like 2

I found my answer. It was sitting in my closest with several other favorites. Not only were the numbers on the visual screen in the mid to low 80's on all my screw caps, but coins also to include silver, clad, and copper came in from the low 90's up to the low 100's. The detector should be obvious so let's just say it's the ..... ..... 71.🙃

Relic program with notch feature for low ID's with heavy iron fields works sweet. IAR 3 to 5. Notch 0 to 6. I was try with DEEP HC but is too noisy for me. Maybe could to be deeper - lower frequency. 

• Like 1