Depends what your hunting for. Copper and silver is above most pull tabs however tiny silver can be in the aluminum range but would have weaker signals so you should be able to tell the difference.

Now if your hunting for gold jewlery most rings, earrings and chains are in below us nickels and above iron (where a square iron nail breaks) with the exception of large rings like class rings.

4 hours ago, CanadianScouser said:

The most common pull tabs In this neck of the woods , Ontario,Canada seem to hone in on the 29 value on my Legend . .Consequently I tend not to dig them too often .Just wondering if I may be missing something good on occasion.Any thoughts on this ?

Some of the 10K class rings I have tested on the Legend have target IDs from air testing in the 28 to 32 range. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 9:03 AM, CanadianScouser said:

The most common pull tabs In this neck of the woods , Ontario,Canada seem to hone in on the 29 value on my Legend . .Consequently I tend not to dig them too often .Just wondering if I may be missing something good on occasion.Any thoughts on this ?

I notice that 28 and 29 are  both cap and small oval tab numbers--a kind of "one stop shopping" reject number.  At the same time I would watch your target size and depth.  The general idea of gathering a bit more target information than just the number and tone can alert you to some good targets that would have mimicked trash.  Some of the best gold finds I've seen around here have mimicked pennies and it was only the depth that was unusual. 

cjc

• Like 1